Bob Dylan and Willie Nelson tour announced

Discussion in 'Music' started by StephenT, Jun 21, 2004.

1. StephenT

StephenT Stunt Coordinator

http://bobdylan.com/live/

For those interested. I'll probably go to the one in Richmond, VA. Maybe Bob will actually play a guitar.

2. StephenT

http://bobdylan.com/live/

For those interested. I'll probably go to the one in Richmond, VA. Maybe Bob will actually play a guitar.

3. DanaA

DanaA Screenwriter

In the last three years, I've seen Bob live twice and, each time, he played guitar (pretty well, too, to my ears). Once, he played guitar exclusively and, on the other occasion, he also played keyboards. Of course, there's always the harmonica too.

I'd love to see Bob and Willie together!!!

4. DanaA

DanaA Screenwriter

In the last three years, I've seen Bob live twice and, each time, he played guitar (pretty well, too, to my ears). Once, he played guitar exclusively and, on the other occasion, he also played keyboards. Of course, there's always the harmonica too.

I'd love to see Bob and Willie together!!!

5. StephenT

I was at a show in 2002 where he played guitar and keyboards. After that tour he's pretty much played only the keyboards. Seen him 7 times since then and only keyboards. The shows have been good, but he hides at stage right behind the keyboards which kind of sucks. I don't think he played guitar even once on his last couple tours. Lots of speculation about a bad back or arthritis or something. Probably just Bob bein' different.

6. StephenT

I was at a show in 2002 where he played guitar and keyboards. After that tour he's pretty much played only the keyboards. Seen him 7 times since then and only keyboards. The shows have been good, but he hides at stage right behind the keyboards which kind of sucks. I don't think he played guitar even once on his last couple tours. Lots of speculation about a bad back or arthritis or something. Probably just Bob bein' different.

7. KevinJ

KevinJ Supporting Actor

i've heard bob's got carpal tunnel syndrome

8. KevinJ

KevinJ Supporting Actor

i've heard bob's got carpal tunnel syndrome

9. DanaA

DanaA Screenwriter

That's a shame. Really enjoyed it when all three guitarists interwove their playing. By the way, don't you guys think his supporting cast is great? They can really cook.

10. DanaA

DanaA Screenwriter

That's a shame. Really enjoyed it when all three guitarists interwove their playing. By the way, don't you guys think his supporting cast is great? They can really cook.

11. StephenT

His band is great. It was best with Charlie Sexton. I went to quite a few shows with Freddie Koela(sp?) on lead guitar and he was just ok. Sometimes less than ok. There's a new guy he just started using. Stu Kimball I think it is. I heard some of the set from Bonaroo festival at bobdylan.com. I like how it sounded. Hopefully this new guy will fit in better than Freddie. The rest of the band has been the same for quite a long time now. I miss Charlie though.

12. StephenT

His band is great. It was best with Charlie Sexton. I went to quite a few shows with Freddie Koela(sp?) on lead guitar and he was just ok. Sometimes less than ok. There's a new guy he just started using. Stu Kimball I think it is. I heard some of the set from Bonaroo festival at bobdylan.com. I like how it sounded. Hopefully this new guy will fit in better than Freddie. The rest of the band has been the same for quite a long time now. I miss Charlie though.

13. Justin Lane

Justin Lane Cinematographer

Wille also was suffering from carpal, causing him to cancel some tour dates earlier this year. He was supposed to have surgery to fix it. Apparently this went well as he is touring again. Of course maybe he is not playing guitar now either.

J

14. Justin Lane

Justin Lane Cinematographer

Wille also was suffering from carpal, causing him to cancel some tour dates earlier this year. He was supposed to have surgery to fix it. Apparently this went well as he is touring again. Of course maybe he is not playing guitar now either.

J

15. DanaA

DanaA Screenwriter

Is Charlie Sexton no longer backing Bob up? He was sensational. I even bought one of his pre-Bob CD's cause I liked him so much.

16. DanaA

DanaA Screenwriter

Is Charlie Sexton no longer backing Bob up? He was sensational. I even bought one of his pre-Bob CD's cause I liked him so much.

17. StephenT

Yeah, Charlie's been out since 2002. I went to the last show with Charlie in Fairfax, VA. I think it was November 2002. Awesome, awesome, show. The jam during Summer Days went on forever. Charlie went down on his back while playing and Bob actually went down on his knees while playing and they were just smiling and laughing the whole time. It was pretty cool. No show I've seen since then had that kind of energy. I'm pretty sure Charlie left because he wanted to. There certainly was no good reason to kick him out.

The songs for Masked and Anonymous had Charlie in the band. The four tracks on the soundtrack are fantastic. I hear there are like 20 something songs that were recorded during filming. I want those soooo bad. Would make a killer bootleg.

18. StephenT

Yeah, Charlie's been out since 2002. I went to the last show with Charlie in Fairfax, VA. I think it was November 2002. Awesome, awesome, show. The jam during Summer Days went on forever. Charlie went down on his back while playing and Bob actually went down on his knees while playing and they were just smiling and laughing the whole time. It was pretty cool. No show I've seen since then had that kind of energy. I'm pretty sure Charlie left because he wanted to. There certainly was no good reason to kick him out.

The songs for Masked and Anonymous had Charlie in the band. The four tracks on the soundtrack are fantastic. I hear there are like 20 something songs that were recorded during filming. I want those soooo bad. Would make a killer bootleg.

19. DanaA

DanaA Screenwriter

Wow, that's too bad. I must have seen them right before he left, in like October or even early November of 2002. That year, and the year before at about the same time, my teenage daughter had asked to go see Dylan as her Christmas present, both shows at the Memorial Auditorium in Sacramento. A highlight for me was when Charlie and Band broke out in Brown Sugar. The Memorial was shaking.

20. DanaA

DanaA Screenwriter

Wow, that's too bad. I must have seen them right before he left, in like October or even early November of 2002. That year, and the year before at about the same time, my teenage daughter had asked to go see Dylan as her Christmas present, both shows at the Memorial Auditorium in Sacramento. A highlight for me was when Charlie and Band broke out in Brown Sugar. The Memorial was shaking.