What's new

Bob Clark's "Porky's" Sept 25th walmart exclusive (1 Viewer)

GMpasqua

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
The Original "Porky's" 30th anniversary year, Walmart exclusive 9/25/2012

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Yeah, that this is an exclusive for a company that would only carry censored versions of CDs makes this one of the most laughable exclusives I've ever seen.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
How long before Walmart starts demanding family-friendly versions of R-rated films to release exclusives of? The studios won't have a problem catering to them and will butcher many films to make them happy.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
cineMANIAC said:
How long before Walmart starts demanding family-friendly versions of R-rated films to release exclusives of? The studios won't have a problem catering to them and will butcher many films to make them happy.
What, that would make Porky's about a 4 minute movie -- correct?

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
David Norman said:
What, that would make Porky's about a 4 minute movie -- correct?
They'd have to edit out all that male nudity in the "line-up for Cherry" scene, and then again when the boys run out the front door of the cabin in all their glory. God, that scene got a huge laugh in the theater back in '81!
However, it's interesting because when I had Porky's on vhs, the framing was such that I believe you could see more naughty bits due to the pan & scan framing showing you things that are, uh, cut off in a letterboxed version. I think somewhere on the web I once saw a kind of pervy list of old movies that show more nudity in their pan & scan versions lol; it's happened a lot apparently!
I don't know why Walmart would get a movie like "Porky's" as an exclusive. I would pass on it because I'd rather have a boxed set of all three movies. I've never even seen Porky's Revenge!

lukejosephchung

Screenwriter
Real Name
Luke J. Chung
My favorite scene in this movie was the one with Miss Ballbricker(!) at the Principal's office, where the younger coach suggested printing up mug sketches of the offending male students' sex organs...I couldn't stop laughing for almost 5 solid minutes, and my belly and sides ached from laughing so hard and long!!!
My second favorite scene was watching and hearing how Kim Cattrall's character got her "Lassie" nickname!!!
WHAT PIPES!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks