What's new

Boating Season has Arrived!!! Yahoo!!! (1 Viewer)

ken thompson

Second Unit
I'm siked. Its been consistenly warm and will likely stay that way for a while. Finally got the boat out, caught up on some maintenance, and got her cleaned up. I'm ready to get back out the water. I'm so excited.

I dont expect many here care but I just thought I'd let you know.

Moe Maishlish

Supporting Actor
Hey, I care, and I'm with ya! :)

While you live in sunny Florida (hey, isn't it possible to go boating year round down there?!?!), living in Canada only affords us perhaps 3 months a year to enjoy our watercraft... so when the season finally arrives, it's been highly anticipated. :)

While I don't personally own a boat (yet), my parents own a cabin-cruiser that they keep docked at a yacht-club about 45 minutes outside of Toronto. My parents enjoy spending the weekend at the club with their friends, and I generally go up often to join them for a day in the sun and on the water. There's nothing like bringing a nice book with you to read while the boat is anchored in the middle of the lake.

Several of my parents' friends usually meet them at a certain spot, and they tie the boats together and make food, have a couple of drinks, and generally enjoy the experience.

You know, I'm actually considering a permanent move to Florida in the future, just because of things like this which can't be taken advantage of up here in the great white north. Consider yourself lucky. ;)

Moe.

Cam S

Screenwriter
Ya I'm with ya guys! I can't wait to get out on Okanagan Lake and do some tubing, wakeboarding, and just cruising!! We've had our SeaRay 230 Weekender for 2 years now, but it looks like we'll bu upgrading to a 27+ foot SeaRay this year. Can't really do any kind of water sports behind this bigger boats, but they sure are awesome for going on ight or weekend trips with their big beds. Gotta use the friends boat for water sports, but oh well, the more the merrier.

ken thompson

Second Unit
Well, I'm glad to see there are a couple of us anyway. I live in NE Florida so while it is possible to boat year 'round it does get a bit nippy for a couple of months a year. We just had our first child back in August, a little girl. We've had her out twice now and she seems to enjoy it. The motion pretty much puts her right to sleep every time. There are lots of great places on the St. John's river to cruise and hang out. Many of our friends have boats so there is usually a floatilly of at least a dozen or so boats tied together almost every weekend. This is what I live and work for.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks