What's new

Boardwalk Empire: Season Two (1 Viewer)

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Cringeworthy episode, twice.
They just keep hitting them out of the park, I will really enjoy sitting down with the "Complete Box Set" someday.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
When I hear people proudly proclaim they don't have a TV, or never watch TV; this is what I think they're missing. Well, this and a dozen others shows we'd all be glad to list.

But, I think THEY think they're avoiding Jersey Shore.

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
Caught a small portion of this... What's up with the half face guy?
Gave me the chillies on more than one occasion.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Oh man, this show. This show.
Huston deserves roles and money heaped on him with tow-trucks. Seeing that prick Jimmy treat him like a fucking pet makes me wish the season ends with Pitt's glorious disembowelment.
Also, seeing Stuhlbarg in this every week, I have to fight the urge to find a messge board and fantasy-cast him as The Riddler. He hums with a quiet, intellectual menace that easily raises a smile.

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
joshEH said:
Oh man, this show. This show.
Huston deserves roles and money heaped on him with tow-trucks. Seeing that prick Jimmy treat him like a fucking pet makes me wish the season ends with Pitt's glorious disembowelment.
Also, seeing Stuhlbarg in this every week, I have to fight the urge to find a messge board and fantasy-cast him as The Riddler. He hums with a quiet, intellectual menace that easily raises a smile.
I didn't think he treated him like a pet at all, and I don't think that was the intent of that scene. That was a remarkably powerful scene: "Would you fight for me?" "Yes, to the last bullet." Those two are bonded for life, man. Harrow would lay down for Jimmy...and probably vice versa. Unfortunately, they are both so scarred by the war they only find an outlet in acts of extreme violence...hey, nobody's perfect!
But, a pet? No way. He treats Richard the way Nucky SHOULD have treated Jimmy - with love and respect. If Nucky had shown the same to Jimmy we would not have the current situation. Jimmy would have remained loyal.
I think I'd cast Huston as The Ridller before Stuhlbarg!

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Originally Posted by TravisR /t/315068/boardwalk-empire-season-two#post_3863727
He was wounded in World War I.
And he loves french fried pertaters.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Originally Posted by Quentin /t/315068/boardwalk-empire-season-two#post_3863898
I didn't think he treated him like a pet at all, and I don't think that was the intent of that scene. That was a remarkably powerful scene: "Would you fight for me?" "Yes, to the last bullet." Those two are bonded for life, man. Harrow would lay down for Jimmy...and probably vice versa. Unfortunately, they are both so scarred by the war they only find an outlet in acts of extreme violence...hey, nobody's perfect!
But, a pet? No way. He treats Richard the way Nucky SHOULD have treated Jimmy - with love and respect. If Nucky had shown the same to Jimmy we would not have the current situation. Jimmy would have remained loyal.
I think I'd cast Huston as The Ridller before Stuhlbarg!
That was exactly my take on the scene, Quentin (and the relationship, too). That scene, in my opinion, was the best of the series.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Originally Posted by joshEH /t/315068/boardwalk-empire-season-two#post_3863844
I may have mentioned this last season, but it's hard to believe that's the same actor that played the pathetic sad sack in 'A Serious Man'.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Exactly -- Stuhlbarg hums with such a quiet, seething menace on this show, it's incredible. The man's got some amazing range, which is no surprise, considering he was an acclaimed stage actor for years before the Coens plucked him of semi-obscurity for their film.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
This season has been kind of frustrating for me. While there is a lot of great stuff going on (the Nucky vs basically everyone else thing in particular), there are also some things really dragging the show down. I have no interest in this Van Alden/pregnant bimbo story. In fact, I usually fast forward any time she's on screen. Except for when they teased me yet a SECOND time with the fact that she might be dead. And now we have a love triangle with Margaret, Nucky's new henchman, and the help. UGH. Speaking of Margaret, she doesn't seem to serve a purpose this season.

Let's get back to the basics of the show - and please give Van Alden something useful to do...

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
ScottH said:
This season has been kind of frustrating for me.  While there is a lot of great stuff going on (the Nucky vs basically everyone else thing in particular), there are also some things really dragging the show down.  I have no interest in this Van Alden/pregnant bimbo story.  In fact, I usually fast forward any time she's on screen.  Except for when they teased me yet a SECOND time with the fact that she might be dead.  And now we have a love triangle with Margaret, Nucky's new henchman, and the help.  UGH.  Speaking of Margaret, she doesn't seem to serve a purpose this season.
Let's get back to the basics of the show - and please give Van Alden something useful to do...
The disappointment for me with Margaret is that we had that GREAT moment early on where she totally knows where Nucky's cash and ledger are and she plots how to get in and snatch it and then basically schools Nucky on how to keep the money trail safe. She turned into this Machiavellian power broker and I was excited to see where that would go.
And, then next episode (and ever since then) that version of Margaret has been gone. No sign. Wassup with that?

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Originally Posted by Quentin /t/315068/boardwalk-empire-season-two/30#post_3867439
The disappointment for me with Margaret is that we had that GREAT moment early on where she totally knows where Nucky's cash and ledger are and she plots how to get in and snatch it and then basically schools Nucky on how to keep the money trail safe. She turned into this Machiavellian power broker and I was excited to see where that would go.
And, then next episode (and ever since then) that version of Margaret has been gone. No sign. Wassup with that?
Yep, agree. I thought they were really going somewhere with Margaret. Although I guess they are going somewhere with Margaret. She's in love with Nucky's driver. Yay.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Excellent episode tonight after 2 giving us some downtime. This season really has been great.

louisianacharm

Auditioning
Real Name
benard bush
I think Margaret's character is getting better with the whole polio thing, but tonights show was really interesting. i wonder who Jimmy is going to blame for the death of his wife, and how he is going to feel to find out she is gay. I think they eventually write Margaret out of the show, and Nucky gets his power back (even though he goes to jail in real life. What do you guys think, and I am really glad i found this forum!!!!

cupidoman

Auditioning
Real Name
Mike C
To be honest, I really find Margaret's character to be nothing more than an annoyance and a "filler". She plays the character well, but deserves LESS screen time.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Jimmy know that Angela was/had sexual tendencies towards women? There was an episode last season with the photographers wife...
I have a feeling that Jimmy will be a suspect in the shooting, since he was conveniently out of town during the death of his wife. I don't blame the butcher for killing her though... I really liked Angela's character, but again, she's better served in death, as this will enrage Jimmy and lead to some more action.
Nucky Thompson doesn't go to jail until the late 1930's in real life ( i think) so he'll likely get off on these charges, as the episodes take place in the early 1920's.
Another interesting storyline is the Sheriff Eli Thompson scenerio... I hope he gets what's coming to him!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by cupidoman /t/315068/boardwalk-empire-season-two/30#post_3874634
To be honest, I really find Margaret's character to be nothing more than an annoyance and a "filler". She plays the character well, but deserves LESS screen time.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Jimmy know that Angela was/had sexual tendencies towards women? There was an episode last season with the photographers wife...
I have a feeling that Jimmy will be a suspect in the shooting, since he was conveniently out of town during the death of his wife. I don't blame the butcher for killing her though... I really liked Angela's character, but again, she's better served in death, as this will enrage Jimmy and lead to some more action.
Nucky Thompson doesn't go to jail until the late 1930's in real life ( i think) so he'll likely get off on these charges, as the episodes take place in the early 1920's.
Another interesting storyline is the Sheriff Eli Thompson scenerio... I hope he gets what's coming to him!
Thompson/Johnson actually didn't go to jail until 1941 and was released in 1945. They have a long way to go with the Nucky storyline along with his future dealings with certain gangsters in the late 20s and early 30s.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks