1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Board needs to be replaced/repair (pt47wx42)

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Tim Jin, Jan 21, 2004.

1. Tim Jin

Tim Jin Supporting Actor

My TV lows is never going to end. At this moment, I want to chuck it out of the window and its only an year old.

Here is the story. The main board needs to be replace or repair because of a bad convergence problem that isn't holding.

Panny says that they are out of stock with the board that needs to be replace. They want to repair my board by shipping the part back to them and it will take 2-3 weeks to get it back.

That is not acceptable. I will miss the Super Bowl and I don't want to take up reading for about a month.

I am waiting for option 2. Whatever that maybe.

My question is, what would you do?

I ended up getting the extended warranty through Panasonic because there is always something wrong with my TV. By now, the TV guy knows me very well because he has service my set over 5 times within the first year for varies problems.

What would you do? If option 2 is not up to par, should I wait until they get the new board in stock (for however long)?

I really don't want to get my TV replace, but this set has problems after problems.

Do you think that I have a claim at getting my set replace under warranty? How should I go about it if I want to take that approach.

Any support would be helpful.

Thanks!

PS. my next TV won't be a Panny. I have a Panny DVD player and I need to replace it too and it's newer than the set.

2. Rajeev_s

Rajeev_s Stunt Coordinator

I would ask for a replacement. I havent had a single problem with my Panny for 14 months.
    Good luck.

3. Tim Jin

Tim Jin Supporting Actor

I will wait to hear back from the tech to see what are my other options and bring up the idea about replacing the set.

It would make sense to me because Panny have spent so much on service calls and repairs.

My whole Panny diary is on this forum [​IMG]

Keep you posted.

4. Tim Jin

Tim Jin Supporting Actor

There is no other options for me. The board has been sent to Panasonic. They promise a 3 day turn around, but I'm not sure what does that mean.

Panasonic don't know when or if they're going to have the boards. They're "high" in demand. My only option is to send the board in to repair it.

Replacement is not an option because Steve (my tv guy) says that I'm better off getting the board repair because all they are going to do is, replace the lifeline of the TV with another REFURB. Steve says, in his honest opinion, my
    set has adjusted well other than the convergence problem, which is in the board and that I don't want a Refurb and who knows what will happen then.

Buttom line, I'm hoping to have my set working by Super Bowl and I will never buy a Panasonic again!!!

They do make good shavers though [​IMG]