What's new

Board Games to Xbox/PS2? (1 Viewer)

Scott FP

Agent
I've seen Hasbro and other companies release board games for the PC. I think the concept was right with the idea that some older gamers would enjouy a computerized version of a board game because they were already familiar with it and didn't need to be a "game master" to play it.

What has personally stopped me from buying one of these is that my PC is located in a home office, a space not condusive to multiple people playing a game. Add to the fact that a PC keyboard is not a natural to have 4 adults sitting around it and staring at a 15-17" monitor.

With the Microsoft concept of the Xbox being a "entertainment hub", plus the ease of adding up to 4 controllers, you would think it would be natural for this and the PS2 to port over the "You Know Jack" series or any other board game like "Life" or "Clue".

I just think playing games like this in a living room of a house on a decent size TV set would make more sense and give these software titles a sales boost.

Anyone have any thoughts on this or even heard of this possibility?

Stefan A

Second Unit
Considering how my family likes to sit around and play games - board games that is - I think this would be a good idea. But, the x-box certainly isn't being marketed that way I would buy a game of this type for xbox.

Paul Richardson

Second Unit
Board games certainly can be enjoyed in a console setting...even better are board games that include other elements (like the Mario Party games or Archon).

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Man... Who owns "Archon" now, anyway? It was originally EA, but I think Sierra put an updated version out a few years back.

I wouldn't be terribly surprised to see Infogrames put the Hasbro board games out for Xbox/PSX/PS2/Gamecube the next time they decide to put a new coat of paint on the PC versions, though - they don't seem like terribly difficult things to convert - simple rules, turn-based, no need for super-flashy graphics.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
There's already a ton of boardgame ports by Hasbro for the PSX, y'know.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks