What's new

BNC to RCA Connection Changer (1 Viewer)

warren whit

Agent
Hey guys, i got some 25ft component video cables from Blue Jeans Cables, i ordered the BNC connector by accident rather then RCA connector. My question is, should i return the cables and get the right ones, or would getting a BNC female/RCA male connector work well? My main concern is picture quality, don't wanna lose any by doing this. If so i'll just return them and pay to have other ones shipped to me. This is to hook up from my projector into my Amplifier, and i'd be getting a gold plated connector. Let me know your thoughts, thanks!

Leo Kerr

Screenwriter
Adapters shouldn't hurt your signal chain much.

Note the qualifiers.

'shouldn't' - if they do, then there's a problem with the adapter, except for,

'much.' - any extra interface is a potential hazard, and will probably cause some form of effect on the signal. If you can see it or not is a different question, all together.

Leo

Allan Jayne

Senior HTF Member
Progressive or 1080i from DVD player: It is anyone's guess as to whether you will see any degradation. I would contact the company to see about returning the cables because you need two adapters per cable, one at each end, and every additional joint has the potential to cause some quality loss.

Interlaced from DVD player: I would be tempted to keep the cables and buy adapters except sending the cable back may cost less. You probably won't see any degradation.

For a quick test take the projector down and put it next to your receiver/amp. Buy two (not six) adapters and connect up just one cable for the Y (leaving the Pb and Pr jacks empty). Using progressive scan or, if available, 1080i, play the AVIA 200 TVL test pattern (Video Essentials doesn't go high enough). Observe the upright wedge patterns. Then play a grid pattern and inspect upright lines for ghosting to the right. Compare results with a different shorter regular RCA plug cable.

Video hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/video.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks