What's new

BMX XXX gets reviewed! (1 Viewer)

Andre F

Screenwriter
Just wanted to add some other reviews from Gamespot.

Mech Assault: 9.0
Toxic Grind: 3.0 (ouch!)
Kabuto Chojin: 5.5

and of course in case your too lazy to follow the link above... BMX XXX 5.4

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
All those people saying they would buy it as soon as it would come out just to support more adult-themed games and get at "the man." Well once they buy it they probably won't want to play it. ;)

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
I predict that this game will have one of the highest rental vs. buying ratios (meaning a zillion rentals, but poor sales). I mean, who isn't going to rent it at least to satisfy curiosity?

-Dave

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor
Can I say I told you so is right. Propaganda over gameplay. This rating does not suprise me at all. Who is till going to by this game?

Chris Flynn

Second Unit
Now I've actually played BMX XXX and while it's not a great game by any means, it is damn entertaining.
Of course, I've never played any other extreme sports game other than Tony Hawk, so I don't know how it stacks up to Dave Mirra or Mat Hoffman. But I thought it was a decent game.
There are some missions that had me rolling in laughter, and some that just had me groaning, but overall it was a fun experience. Some of the stuff they characters say is just too funny at times.
Then again, I like toilet humor, so I may be a bit biased. :)

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Now I've actually played BMX XXX and while it's not a great game by any means, it is damn entertaining.
I thought it stank, to be honest, and I'm not talking about the toilet humour etc. It just did not play anywhere near as well as I was expecting from Z-Axis' pedigree - Aggressive Inline stomps all over. The animation system is poor, which combined with the collision system, really hampers it as a "Tony Hawk" style game (what is the correct name for this genre?). I never felt anywhere near as in control of the character & my actions as I do in Aggressive Inline or the THPS games.

It has some nice level design, but the control system combined with the above faults never made feel like I was "in control". Mat Hoffman does it so much better.

To be fair, Dave Mirra on the DC had some similiar issues, but I could forgive it because it only cost me $10 or so.

It really smacks of Acclaim knowing it wasn't upto the standards of Aggressive Inline & dressing it up to try & make it sell.

Kevin J Willis

Stunt Coordinator
The sounds of the game were recorded right here in Cincinnati. The guy who recorded the dialog spoke at my Electronic Media class last month. He showed the trailer to this game, and to tell you the truth, the game looked like it would suck. It basically sold the shock humor of the game over the actual gameplay. And at a time when there is almost no blacks depicted in video games, they put a black person in this game, only he is a pimp.:frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread