What's new

BMWFims - Beat the Devil (1 Viewer)

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
Anyone seen this?

Its an absolute hoot. I won't spoil anything, but its well worth a view. Even if you hate it, you need to watch it until the end....just about p*ssed myself. Not quite as car-centric as some of the others.

Fortunately for me, Tivo has a deal with BMW such that the films are downloaded to Tivo shortly after the release to the BMWFims web site. It appears that it is in 1.85:1, and looks pretty good on a 53" WS set. Sound is also very good, lots of low bass.

One more note, as was previously reported, you can sign up on the BMWFilms.com site for notification when the DVD comes out in the Spring of 2003. Can't wait!

BL

PS: Sorry I don't know how to spell FILMS....Dohhhh! I can't edit my thread title!

AllanN

Supporting Actor
You can also catch them on DirectTV playing all day long on a specific channel. I dont remember it now but ill check when I get home. For those of you who have a HD DirecTV reciever I saw HDNet is playing the BMW films as well.

LDfan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeffrey
It downloaded on my Tivo not long ago automatically. I loved it.

Jeff

Kenneth English

Second Unit
It's a good thing they decided to put in subtitles for some of James Brown's dialogue because you can't understand the guy half the time! Pretty funny stuff, though.
However, Mr. Scott needs to stay off the Jolt Cola when he's editing his movies. Not recommended viewing if you're epileptic... :D

Doug_L

Stunt Coordinator
For those with Time Warner digital cable with Movies on Demand capability the most recent BMW films titles are available. The 24-hour rental is free, and you have the capability to pause, stop, fast-forward or rewind. Films are presented in letterboxed format with 5.1 DD sound.

Here in NYC Movies on Demand is available on channel 1000.

As good as these films are, they're still no substitute for actually driving a BMW.

Nick_Scott

Second Unit
For those that are impatient-

Just download the quicktime version, burn it, and watch it on your DVD player.

The quality of the QT version was pretty good, though you'll need a program called "dumpster" to extract the a/v stream so you can convert to a MPG stream for whatever format you player can handle. (I used 'CVD').

Nick

Eric F

Screenwriter
The QT version is really good- framed properly. If you have a HDTV hooked to your PC, just have QT run fullscreen. Nice stuff- native resolution is higher than DVD.

Elvie

Stunt Coordinator
Just a thought, but I wonder if BMW films will ever put these onto a dvd for purchase ... I was looking at the "R2-D2 Beneath the Dome" and thought of the idea *shrug*.

Just my rambling brain at work ...

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
I watched a bunch of these BMWFilms and thought they were pathetic. They looked like USC shorts, only with an unlimited budget.

I've watched a bunch of them also.

I think the best ones so far are 'Beat the Devil' and 'Star' (the one with Guy Ritchie and Madonna). I'm a huge fan of Don Cheadle, but the one he was in (Ticker) didn't do much for me.

don't answer it.... that guy scares me.....

Rob Dawn

Stunt Coordinator
AllanN - Did you ever find out what channel on DirecTv is showing these? I'd love to watch them on my TV!

Thanks,
Rob

Steven Sims

Stunt Coordinator
The first season was already available on DVD, don't think it is anymore though. The second season will be available later.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks