BMWFilms - New movies to be posted in October

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by BillParry, Aug 13, 2002.

1. BillParry

BillParry Auditioning

2. Fred Bang

Fred Bang Stunt Coordinator

Where can I find the old movies? The one with Madonna was hilarious.

By the way, isn't the TRANSPORTER the same guy (Turkish in Snatch) ? Looks like the TRANSPORTER is a spinoff of these BMW movies.

3. Chet_F

Chet_F Supporting Actor

"Where can I find the old movies?"
    Try this link
    http://www.bmwfilms.com/site_layout/...e.asp?FilmID=7
    and then email the webmaster
    Ask him if you can get a copy or if it's available for purchase. That's how I received mine and, yes, it has "The Follow" on it which a great deal of people did not get for contractual obligations or something like that.
    Good Luck and those short films are the coolest!!!
    Chet

4. Gabe Oppenheim

Gabe Oppenheim Stunt Coordinator

No, the guy in the BMW Films was none other than Clive Owen, who has never been in a Guy Ritchie movie.

5. BrettB

BrettB Producer

I caught the tail end of a commercial last night for the first of the new batch. The name of the film is Hostage I believe and will be up next Thursday (10-24). Does anyone know who directed this one.

6. Iain Lambert

Iain Lambert Screenwriter

Clive Owen may not have had the misfortune to be in a Guy Ritchie film, but he is excellent in Gosford Park, if you want to see him elsewhere.

7. TyC

TyC Stunt Coordinator

Actually, Guy Ritchie directed the BMW Film Star, so you could say Owen was in a Guy Ritchie movie.
    Hostage will be directed by John Woo.
    Does anyone know if BMW is planning to release this as a DVD? I'd love to add Season 2 to my Season 1 DVD.

8. Christopher D

Christopher D Second Unit

There had better be a DVD. It's really sad that "Follow" not only isn't on most of the DVDs (although I have it), but no longer is even on the website. What's up with that?!?

Big thumbs down to Forrest Whittaker. Boycott his Twilight Zone! (As if we were watching anyway.)

9. Richard_D_Ramirez

Richard_D_Ramirez Second Unit

10. TyC

TyC Stunt Coordinator

Once again, information about the DVD is hidden in the "Help" section:

11. Christopher D

Christopher D Second Unit

12. Peter Kim

Peter Kim Screenwriter

HOSTAGE directed by John Woo is now available for download at www.bmwfilms.com. On my prehistoric 56k dialup, it took about 6 hours to download 101 mb.
    You get the film along with the director's commentary.

13. Richard_D_Ramirez

Thanks for the correction, Christopher.
    Has anyone found a way to run Hostage without the provided player? I would like to play this film on my regular QT player but don't know how....
    8^B

14. Peter Kim

Peter Kim Screenwriter

Richard, I'm not sure what you mean by provided player. When you download the movie, you can download either the QT or WMP version. I downloaded the QT version - whenever I want to fire it up, I activate QT and load up the file.

I know that for the first round of films, a BMW player was required. Not this time.

15. Richard_D_Ramirez

I downloaded the QT version as well, but whenever I run the file, it runs in this player I never downloaded or used before. Here is a screen cap:
    [​IMG]
    Anyone else get this player? If so, how do you remove it?
    Thanks!
    8^B

16. BrettB

BrettB Producer

Richard, that's the player I got as well. Is it QT with a special skin? Click on the ? at the upper right corner of the player and it will take you to the player help section at the BMW site.

What I need is some freeware that can split this over 2 Zip 100 discs. It's unwatchable on my Pentium II 300 here at work.

17. Gabe Oppenheim

Gabe Oppenheim Stunt Coordinator

That's a skin for Quicktime, much like the ones used for certain of their "fullscreen" trailers.

Was anyone else disappointed with this installment? After the Wong Kar-Wai and Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu films (both of which came dangerously close to being actually emotionally affecting, rather than commercially so), John Woo's installment seems...weak.

I don't necessarily think that it's the fault of Woo, but rather the writers chosen for this round. I mean,
    why would a person clearly in contact with the FBI be chased mercilessly by the LAPD?

Plus, I've only seen the house that the film starts at in, oh, five or six other, actual, movies.

I sure hope that the next two improve upon this one, but the trend (last time) of getting cool, boutique, directors to do the films seems to be gone (though Joe Carnahan will probably be a cool director pretty soon, Tony Scott will not). The involvement of the Scott Bros. just doesn't smack of the same level of artistic integrity as David Fincher's did.

18. Gui A

Gui A Supporting Actor

19. charles white

charles white Second Unit

I've watched "Hostage" tonight from BMWFilms. It's unfortunate that this series of films will feature only one car from BMW. As for the movie, it looks like typical John Woo style of his recent work. If you have seen "Mission Impossible 2", then nothing will impress you here.

20. NickFoley

NickFoley Stunt Coordinator