What's new

bmwfilms.com dvd for free! (1 Viewer)

Jamie E

Stunt Coordinator
So, Ty, going to be dropping to pick up a new BMW soon?
biggrin.gif

------------------
burns2.gif
Release the hounds!
smithers2.gif

TyC

Stunt Coordinator
Actually I'm not financially able to buy a new BMW right now, but I'll act interested if that is what it takes to get my DVD!
wink.gif

[Edited last by TyC on November 17, 2001 at 11:41 AM]

Francois Caron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
François Caron
I love and hate my next door neighbour.
Here I am trying for a month to get a copy of the disc, and today my neighbour shows up to ask about the current state of our condo building's windows. I noticed what looked like a cardboard CD sleeve in his hands, but I only saw the edge of the sleeve. I assumed he got an AOL disc in the mail. Instead, he says "I just got this DVD today from BMW, but I don't have anything to play it on..."
It was The Hire.
smiley_jawdrop.gif

My neighbour was already on BMW's preferred mailing list and he just received the disc this week! After yelling out in French "Le salaud! Le salaud!" a few times, I told him how long I was hunting down the disc, and he shows up at my door with the thing in his hands! Just like that!
I showed him the sequence "Star" just before he had to leave for the day. And he was laughing! Now he understands my reaction when I saw the disc in his hands.
Pretty freaky, eh?
biggrin.gif

------------------
The Milnoc
News, Views, DVD Reviews.
[Edited last by Francois Caron on November 17, 2001 at 05:56 PM]

Michael Moulton

Stunt Coordinator
Requested mine on 10/30, it's still not here. I don't have a problem waiting, but if it was going to be 3 weeks they should've said "3 weeks" instead of "7-10 days"!

Wes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Wes Peterson
Just walked into the dealership Friday and back out within 5min with the Disc. They were really cool about it and thanked me for stopping by!
Not too bad of a disc for free!
Wes

TyC

Stunt Coordinator
I have yet to receive my DVD. Is it region encoded and/or
copy protected?
:frowning:

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
TyC, I've searched throughout the packaging (front, back, sleeve, and disc itself) and cannot find the notation for region encoding.

I'm not sure about it being copyprotected.

Kelly W

Second Unit
Okay, I'm going to ask again...

Have most people received this disc yet? (Those who requested it by phone.)

I called the day that the number was posted here, but I haven't received anything. (Not even a brochure.)

Do you think I need to call and re-request it?

Thanks!!!

-Kelly

Michael Moulton

Stunt Coordinator
Glad somebody bumped this back up-- I was just about to come do it :)
Requested mine on Tuesday 10/30, they said "seven to ten days." It's now Tuesday 11/27, still no DVD.
It wouldn't surprise me if the number of requests far exceeded what they had prepared for. Might be time to check with the local dealers again.
--Mike

Ryan_C

Second Unit
I recieved mine in the mail about a week or so ago. It is the digipak version, but it DOES have all the films with commentaries (plus two of the films have extended director's cuts) and the two behind the scenes movies. But I emailed BMW months ago asking about this, and gave them my address, and didn't ever hear anything. Then when someone posted the 800 number here on the forum, I called and requested it again since I hadn't recieved it from the first time. So I don't know through which way I got mine. But I did get it. And boy does that M5 sound good in digital:D

Dave P

Auditioning
I received my DVD in the 7-10 days after making the phone call to BMW. Very cool DVD!

(Since they know that I'm a BMW owner, perhaps I received priority?)

Nick_Scott

Second Unit
I also sent out my request about a month ago.

Originally, I emailed them with questions about the disc, and I got a quick reply saying "Just send us your mailing address, and we will mail the disc right out to you".

It wasn't an automated letter, so I expected a quick reply..... oh well. I havnt seen it either, but this free DVD showed up on ALL the major HT/DVD forums, so either they are severely back-logged and are slowely catching up, or worse: They ran out and don't plan on honoring back-logged orders because... well, they are for FREE dvds.

nick scott

Richard_D_Ramirez

Second Unit
I placed my order over two weeks ago, and I have not received my copy in the mail yet.
Fortunately, I have friend at work whose sister owns a BMW and happended to be headed to the dealership for some maintenance. I just received my friend's copy, so I'm in business! Thanks, I owe ye lunch! :D
I have access to a better color printer at work and would like to print out the DVD cover. The image seems rather large at 100%. Could anyone provide some dimensions for a DVD cover case so I can scale the image to fit the cover? Thanks in advance!

Tanner

Stunt Coordinator
I received my copy today. It was postmarked Nov 27, but I called for my copy in mid October. Mabey they just waited and sent all the requests at once. I have the copy with all 5 films and the commetaries, extended scenes, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks