What's new

BMW films on DVD info (1 Viewer)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I'm not sure anyone has mentioned this, so I hope I'm not repeating past postings. Apologies if it is.
Regarding the BMW films availability as a DVD, I thought you’d be interested to know that I received an e-mail from BMW North America today. I own a BMW and I am registered on the BMW site in the Owner’s Circle section.
The e-mail offered me a complimentary DVD of "The Hire" series as a BMW owner. So that was cool. I did accept and I should expect it in 3 weeks.
There was no detail on content and specs, but I'm sure that it's got all 5 films, Dolby Digital, commentary, suppliments, etc
Nelson

Dave Smith

Stunt Coordinator
I just got that email too. Sort of makes up for the fact that they were selling them at the USGP a couple of weeks ago - I drove 2400 miles there and back before discovering that fact.
rolleyes.gif

------------------
Dave Smith
http://home.austin.rr.com/beowulf99
[Edited last by Dave Smith on October 15, 2001 at 07:36 PM]

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Hey Dave-
I looked at your website. Nice car, mine is a 2001 Titanium Silver 330ci. What a nice car!
And nice that you were able to build a home and I assume you had the Home Theater in mind during construction. Was there a separate room set up for it?
Nelson

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Darn, if the only way to get the DVD is to own a BMW that thing is going to fetch a nice price on eBay!
Hmm...I think I know the GM of a BMW dealership.... :)

Jonathan_M

Stunt Coordinator
Actually, at the USGP they were ***GIVING*** away the DVD's at the BMW pavilion. I picked up a few copies for myself and some friends.
Good quality stuff in 5.1.
------------------
"We're hosed. We lost the remote."

MichaelG

Second Unit
I got my email from BMW today about the DVD. They said that I should receive it in about 3 weeks.
2001 330Ci Topaz Blue/Gray

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I'm glad to hear from those who already got the disc at the USGP that it has a good quality 5.1 track. I look forward to recieving it!
I almost thought I was on the BMW330ci website from the last poster's signature! :)
Nelson

Jonathan_M

Stunt Coordinator
Oh in regards to the DVD, one movie, "The Follow" is NOT on the DVD. The documentation states that it's due to some rights or copyright issues and points you to the http://www.bmwfilms.com
------------------
"We're hosed. We lost the remote."
Edited to fix a typo.
[Edited last by Jonathan_M on October 16, 2001 at 11:17 AM]

Scott-C

Supporting Actor
Glad to hear the films are in DD5.1. I just got my email from bmwusa.com this morning. Can't wait to check out the DVD!
(2000 323i - Orient Blue Metallic)
------------------
Scott

Dave Smith

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Nelson,
Yeah, the 328ci is a nice car, but I think I'm ready for the M3
biggrin.gif

We do have a dedicated HT room; however the project is on hold as we completely ran out of cash after getting the house sorted out. I'm planning on getting the projector sometime after the new year. The equipment list on the website is somewhat out of date...
------------------
Dave Smith
http://home.austin.rr.com/beowulf99

BrianKM

Stunt Coordinator
Any word on whether us non-BMW drivers will be able to get a copy of the DVD? Is there a link for requesting the dvd or an email you could forward?
Maybe I should start saving up for the 400hp M3 coming out in 2006.
yum.gif

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I actually sent an e-mail to BMW NA to thank them for the offer of the DVD and I asked if I could purchase a second copy. The reply from them was that they had to first honor the owners. At least that's how I interpreted the message. That seemed understandable.
I'm guessing that any racing events or car shows might have some.
Yes, an M3 would be very cool. But I'm finding the 330ci to be a very capable handling car.
Nelson

David Tolsky

Supporting Actor
I am not a BMW owner but I've had this dvd for some time now. It came free in my wife's subscription of Vanity Fair.
If this is your thing, that's cool. There's some nice stunt driving in the shorts, but it comes across (IMHO) as being a glorified BMW commercial. I'd say this might be a must have if you love BMW's. I'd consider trading mine for a wanted title.

BrianKM

Stunt Coordinator
But I'm finding the 330ci to be a very capable handling car.
Nelson, I wholeheartedly agree with you. I had the opportunity to test drive (read abuse, and for three straight hours at that) all of the non-M cars at the Ultimate Driving Experience two years ago and the 330ci was the car that I felt spoke to me. The 540i Sport felt like you were sitting in the cockpit of a fighter plane, which was definately cool, but the 330ci was the most balanced of all the BMW offerings. I still get a little miffed whenever I see trust-fund babies driving a new 3-series automatic 25mph through the twisties, forever tarnishing BMW's reputation as a driver's car. Glad to see someone is really driving their Three! Link Removed

David Tolsky

Supporting Actor
I've gotten a few e-mails concerning a trade for the BMW disc. When I have a chance (soon) I'll post here or reply to the e-mails on what titles I'm looking for. Stay tuned.
Thanks

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
but it comes across (IMHO) as being a glorified BMW commercial.
Because, David, it is a BMW commercial. NOt even a glorified one, I think they never made any bones that the films were made specifically as an ad for BMW. They paid for them, and made sure the cars were properly displayed in them.
I don't think it should play like anything other than a long commercial.
-Vince
------------------
http://www.musicianassist.com
AIM: VinceMaskeeper
Anyone wanna trade DVDs with me?? Click here

Brad Cook

Stunt Coordinator
And a pretty brilliant commercial at that, since so many people seem to be willing to pay for it. When's the last time anyone wanted to pay money for a copy of a commercial?
BTW, what happened to the DVD that was supposed to be in Vanity Fair? My wife subscribes, and there wasn't one in her copy.
I'd like to get the BMW disc myself, but I'm not willing to pay for it. BMW should be offering them for free to anyone who wants one, since they are essentially ads.
- Brad

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks