What's new

BMG's Big DVD-A Announcement! (1 Viewer)

Dan Joy

Supporting Actor
Oh brother, there goes another $60.00:D

Cool, but I hope someone does a better job with the menus unlike Elvis 1hits!

LanceJ

Senior HTF Member
Holy crap, someone I like is coming to hi-res! Good ol' depressing Sarah in surround! (no kidding--I really like her. I have her Fumbling Towards Ecstasy and Surfacing albums). Neat dreamy music perfect for multichannel playback. I like Santana but presently don't have any of their CDs (the one I had got sold during my poor college years, the one with "Black Magic Woman").

Whew! My two hundred bucks I just spent for my new dvd-audio player has just become better justified. :emoji_thumbsup:

One other cool detail: Alan Parson's music is also on the Arista label. Oh please oh please oh please.............

LJ

Ron S

Stunt Coordinator
Surfacing is a must have hi-res format title! Listening to my redbook copy, I always wondered how much better it would sound in hi-res. Guess I'll get my wish! Woohoo!

Supernatural may make my second-copy purchase list as well...

Still early in the year, so that leaves a lot of room for release dates. Hope its soon (fingers crossed).

robertLP

Stunt Coordinator
I wonder if they'll release them in the old CD-sized jewel cases, like the Elvis DVD-A.

I hope not! I like the new cases....

Brian Lawrence

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Will these have High Rez, or just Dolby Digital and maybe DTS.

Did the Elvis disc have a 2 channel High Res mix?

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
I wonder if they'll release them in the old CD-sized jewel cases, like the Elvis DVD-A.
I kind of hope they put these in the DVD-A sized super jewel cases as well, though a standard jewel case is not that big of a deal and fits better on my CD racks.

J

John Kotches

Senior HTF Member
That depends on whether they go back and get rid of all that compression in Supernatural.

High-res with 1dB of dynamic range... Kind of defeats the purpose of high-res doesn't it?

I'm still looking forward to the titles, although I think the 2nd McLachlan title should have been something besides Mirrorball

But that's just me, and I know they'll go in the collection nonetheless.

Regards,

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
That's good news. Not huge, but good. :) I've never been impressed with the sound of the Supernatural CD, so hopefully the DVD-Audio disc will be much better.

Users who are viewing this thread