What's new

BMG stepping up SACD releases... (1 Viewer)

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
Lee, I hope I'm wrong but it seems vaguely familiar like Sony's policy of dealing with Harry Fox issues and perhaps we won't see that many US releases, just a bunch overseas. Luckily I'm behind in listening to stuff and still have some Living Stereos I have not got to listen to and some Prestige and Fantasy jazz titles and a bunch of Linn jazz SACDs too not to mention a few things I want that I don't have. I may buy some imports if it is something I really like but at $30 or more per pop there won't be lots of those.

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
This is encouraging since Hong Kong BMG hasn't released anything on SACD for a while. And forget about Hong Kong Sony....their last SACD release was in April 2003. However, Hong Kong BMG just released Kenny G's "Breathless" album (the Asian edition that featured more songs than the US version) on XRCD2.

Lee Scoggins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
I think we will see Harry Fox relent and reach some deal. I think they must do something, particularly if DualDisc is a success and all the big labels put pressure on them. DualDisc has the same issues here as DVDA and SACD of course. This is one of several reasons I see DualDisc helping out hirez in general-even Super Audio!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks