BMG Music Service

Discussion in 'Music' started by Anthony Moore, Dec 31, 2001.

1. Anthony Moore

Anthony Moore Supporting Actor

Does anyone know how to refer people with BMG? I wanna refer my friend and i cant find it on the website anywhere. Can anyone point me in the right direction or even link me?

thanks

anthony

2. James RD

James RD Supporting Actor

3. Anthony Moore

Anthony Moore Supporting Actor

it just took me to the homepage....anyone else help me out?

4. Emil Stoica

Emil Stoica Second Unit

5. Paul.S

Paul.S Producer

Paul
    On a different but related note, according to an e-mail I received last night and conversations with customer service reps today, Columbia House will be shutting down as of September 1, 2005 due to its having been acquired by BMG Music Service.
    I surmise this is a function of the Sony/BMG joint venture, as I know that--at least before private equity bought a stake--CoHo was co-owned by Warner and Sony. Between the label joint venture and WMG's sale to, again, private equity, this was arguably only a matter of time.
    It's my understanding that CoHo members' bonus point accruals will be rolled over into a new BMG account. If, like me, you're already a BMG member, you'll end up with two accounts and have to call to consolidate. [​IMG]
    -p

6. Paul_Medenwaldt

Paul_Medenwaldt Supporting Actor

I got the same email yesterday. I have 2 accounts with CH. I've been with CH on and off for about 20 years now.

Does BMG discs still have the big white dislplay on the back saying they were manufactured by BMG?

I know people have said that even having that eye sore on the back makes no difference, but I have always looked at that addition to the artwork as a second hand product. Even now when i'm in CD Warehouse and see a disc i really want and if it has the big manufacted by BMG display, I always put it back.

I'll guess i'll wait and see how it goes. I hope they continue with the buy 1 get 4 free options!!

Paul

7. Paul.S

Paul.S Producer

Paul

8. Paul_Medenwaldt

Paul_Medenwaldt Supporting Actor

nope not ironic at all, just an incorrect phrasing of my point.

I'm a purist when it comes the orginal artwork, and having that white box on the sleeve anywhere IMHO is an eyesore.

Paul