1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

BMG like service for DVD-A and SACD

Discussion in 'Music' started by Bryce_H, Jun 7, 2005.

1. Bryce_H

Bryce_H Stunt Coordinator

Looking to start building my DVD-A and SACD collections and am wondering if there is a BMG-like service out there for SACD and DVD-Audio.

Anybody know of one or used one. Thanks.

2. Allen Hirsch

Allen Hirsch Supporting Actor

yourmusic.com is the only BMG-like service I know of. They have 4 pages of SACDs: search for " SACD" under albums.

3. Bryce_H

Bryce_H Stunt Coordinator

I only got 2.5 pages and none of the titles I want (either in SACD or DVD-A) PF: Dark side of the Moon or Sting: Ten Summoners Tales???[​IMG]

4. Allen Hirsch

Allen Hirsch Supporting Actor

Well, since BMG and Sony are under some common ownership, and yourmusic.com is part of BMG, I wouldn't expect to see ANY DVD-As.

The selection of SACDs is thorough only on Elton John and Bob Dylan, AFAIK. There are several Eric Claptons, and a decent cross-section of jazz SACDs, plus the Living Stereo classical series - but not many pop albums, I'll grant you (OTOH, that's part of the problem with SACD in general - no new pop titles).

However, you can't beat the price, and if you're going to start building a SACD collection - this is the best place to begin, IMO.

5. Phil A

Phil A Producer

Phil
    From what I have read, yourmusic.com and BMG both have the same SACD titles. With BMG, you can't choose certain premium titles for free when you get the initial 7, but after you buy one, you can get SACDs with the 4 free you get. I've read (on things posted on the web) there are some DualDiscs at BMG though it probably is not a great number and I'm not sure if any of those have DVD-A content.

6. Paul.S

Paul.S Producer

Paul
    IIRC, Ten Summoner's Tales is available as a DTS CD only, not a DVD-A (or SA-CD).

-p