1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

blurry picture on tv - fix or get a new one?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Josh Matthews, Apr 1, 2002.

1. Josh Matthews

I know there has got to be some threads on this stuff so if anyone knows where/how to look for it tips on that are welcomed as well. I had no luck with the search engine. I was using terms like blurry and blur, so maybe I just need the right term.

My grandfather asked me to take a look at his tv over the weekend because he thought the picture was blurry. Only had a few seconds so I checked it out and sure enough it's pretty blurry. The channel display was particularly bad, kind of double vision. The color seemed ok. I did a quick check on the cable connection and it seemed ok. There is a vcr between the tv and the cable coming in. Those connections looked ok, too. I'm thinking maybe it's a bad cable? But would you expect that to affect the tv's channel indicator as well as the picture?

It's a 27" Zenith tube tv, nothing special. They got it about 2 1/2 years ago. I realize I should try another cable, try a vhs tape, hook a dvd to it and see how that looks, etc. I guess I'm interested in what will constitute "covering all the bases before I drive back up there to check it out again. The other possibility that occurs to me is that the thing is just done. The tv is on all the time (8-10 hours a day, is a fair estimate.) But wouldn't that affect the brightness and color more than the (guessing at correct terminology) resolution of the image on the screen?

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. RichN

RichN Stunt Coordinator

Josh,