What's new

Blurays under $10 sale at Amazon.... (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Thanks, Chris.

Nice selection. There are definitely a title or two that could fill a lot of holes in the collections of HTF members.

chris_clem

Second Unit
Originally Posted by Frank Ha

District 9 for me ! Thanks guys.

I got that too but the thing with these amazon purchases is that I ALWAYS have to get more than $25 worth for the free shipping! I'm too cheap for Prime but I suspect they've gotten me for "extra" purchases so often I might as well get it! hehe...

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
FWIW, you can get free Amazon Prime service if you register for Amazon Mom -- although it won't last indefinitely unless you spend a certain amount of $$$ on qualified purchases.

Just about anyone can qualify for Amazon Mom (despite the name). If you're concerned about any moral/ethical implications, Amazon even points out you really only need to have someone for whom you might buy kids' stuff from time to time in order to qualify, eg. nieces and/or nephews, grandkids, kids of close friends, etc., which covers almost anyone. I signed up during BF week myself.

BTW, as I mentioned in the Consolidated BD Bargains thread (over in the regular BD section), another under-$10 BD title of interest would be Let the Right One In , especially since Amazon finally has it listed specifically w/ original theatrical subs (vs being unknown before).

_Man_

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Originally Posted by chris_clem

district 9 didn't appear at this link. huuummm... but a search for it reveals it is on sale. will be ordering today. ...oh, I found it. Just did a search for blurays $5-$10. hee hee!

chris_clem

Second Unit
Originally Posted by ManW_TheUncool

BTW, as I mentioned in the Consolidated BD Bargains thread (over in the regular BD section), another under-$10 BD title of interest would be Let the Right One In , especially since Amazon finally has it listed specifically w/ original theatrical subs (vs being unknown before).

_Man_

Thanks for the info. I've never heard of Amazon Mom before and I'll look into it before my next purchase....which might be right now since that a great find right there:

[url=http://tinyurl.com/2cy5lgz]Let the Right One In [Blu-ray] $8.99

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry

_Man_

Thanks for the info. I've never heard of Amazon Mom before and I'll look into it before my next purchase....which might be right now since that a great find right there:

[url=http://tinyurl.com/2cy5lgz]Let the Right One In [Blu-ray] $8.99

Some are still complaining about the subtitle translations on this at amazon.

They also have Master & Commander Blu for $6.99. Now that's a great deal!

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
As far as I can tell, the most recent subtitle complaints for LtROi were from about a month or so ago before(?) Amazon explicitly listed it as coming w/ the theatrical subs -- and most of those more recent complaints were apparently for the DVD version. Before that, they actually explicitly said something else to the effect of being unknown because there were lots of complaints and item returns.

Anyway, since they explicitly lists it as coming w/ the theatrical subs now, you can always just return it as a defective item, etc. for full refund w/ free return shipping, if they mess up. Certainly much better than before me thinks. And that $8.99 price can hardly be beat...

_Man_

chris_clem

Second Unit
Originally Posted by ManW_TheUncool

As far as I can tell, the most recent subtitle complaints for LtROi were from about a month or so ago before(?) Amazon explicitly listed it as coming w/ the theatrical subs -- and most of those more recent complaints were apparently for the DVD version. Before that, they actually explicitly said something else to the effect of being unknown because there were lots of complaints and item returns.

Anyway, since they explicitly lists it as coming w/ the theatrical subs now, you can always just return it as a defective item, etc. for full refund w/ free return shipping, if they mess up. Certainly much better than before me thinks. And that $8.99 price can hardly be beat...

_Man_

I don't know how bad the old subs were but I just ordered this as a blind buy, I do hope my first viewing of this isn't marred with bad translations...

chris_clem

Second Unit
Originally Posted by Radioman970

The old subs didn't bother me one bit. Still...I'm holding off for now. Definite future Blu purchase for me.

So you have a copy already and contemplating a double dip for marginally improved subtitles?! Hehe...this is a sick, sick, hobby my friend.....

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry

The old subs didn't bother me one bit. Still...I'm holding off for now. Definite future Blu purchase for me.

So you have a copy already and contemplating a double dip for marginally improved subtitles?! Hehe...this is a sick, sick, hobby my friend.....

[/QUOTE]

There must be a support group. hee!

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Count me in as not terribly bothered by the old

subtitles either. After all, I didn't know the subtitles

were off the first time I watched the Blu-ray and in
no shape or form did it diminish my enjoyment of it.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
For me, the dialog is just as important as any other part of the film. Having that dialog arbitrarily changed from what was in the theatrical release is no different than tampering with the images on screen or the soundtrack. In other words, a complete deal-breaker. That's what drove me to buy the UK release.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug

[/QUOTE]

The new subtitles aren't "improved," they are CORRECT. Nothing sick about wanting what was in the theatrical release.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks