What's new

bluray newbie needs help (1 Viewer)

Auditioning
Real Name
Allan Moster
Hi,

I just bought the Panasonic BD10 and a Toshiba 50HP66 50" plasma. I watched four BD movies: 8 below, Firewall, 16 blocks, Underworld and I can't help but noticed the digital noise. It's too grainy. My old sony tv and dvd looked better :frowning:

I'm not sure if I've setup the TV and the bluray player correctly. I did the easy setup for the player. I can't seem to change the other settings. Everytime I reset to factory defaults, it only allows me to go to the SETUP tab. How do I switch to the other tabs? I tried using the left and right arrows but it's not 'yellowed' out.

To connect the two, I used a Monster HDMI Cable (Model U2V800).

Any suggestions?

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Don't do the easy setup. Go through the setting until you see hdmi and make sure the hdmi resolution is set to 1080i or 1080p, whatever the maximum that your TV can accept.

Auditioning
Real Name
Allan Moster
Thanks. How do I go to the other tabs? I can't seem to navigate to the HDMI tab.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Try this....

go back into the setup and select ESAY SETUP then select NO

after that, go into the HDMI setup and make sure HDMI VIDEO MODE is set to ON

while there, make sure HDMI RESOLUTION is set to the maximum that your tv can display

Auditioning
Real Name
Allan Moster
Thanks! I found the issue. Apparently, the initial setup will not allow to change the other settings. I've reset a couple of times with the same results.

I checked back and reread the manual and found out that there is another SETUP menu in the remote. The remote has a flip and when I opened it, there are other buttons. You can't find these secret buttons if you don't read the manual closely :angry:

The display improved a lot but I can still see soem digital noise. Perhaps my TV is inferior?

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Speaking of that... is there any news of a calibration disk for blu-ray. Also, the test patterns on certain blu-ray disks, do they do a desent job of calibrating our displays for BR?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks