What's new

Bluetooth Speakers w/ Receiver (1 Viewer)

thejabronisayz

Auditioning
Real Name
Sebastian
Hi,

I'm very new to this so I apologize if I sound like a fool.

Recently I set up a "home theater." Nothing too much, just mounted my TV to the wall with speakers recessed in and the wires hidden. I didn't do this, I hired someone to, as I know nothing about this stuff.

The audio from the TV now no longer emits from the TV, but instead emits from the speakers that were recessed into the wall. As I understand it, the speaker wires were somehow connected to the TV and then fed through a "receiver." The gentleman used a Yamaha receiver (bluetooth enabled) and Yamaha subwoofer. I don't even know what a subwoofer is.

Everything works great, I am happy with it. But now what I would like to do is hook up wireless bluetooth speakers next to my sofa to give it a more "surround sound" type of environment. I know that I can connect my phone to the receiver via bluetooth, and then play music from my phone through the speakers. What I want is basically for the reverse. In other words, I would like the TV sound to come from not only the wired speakers in the wall, but also speakers around the room.

Is this possible? For reference I got the Yamaha RX‑V381 5.1 Channel AV Receiver. I'm concerned because it seems like whenever I use bluetooth with it, the TV audio automatically cuts out (like it's an either/or thing). I'd want the TV sound to emit from both the wired speakers and wireless speakers at the same time. Any help would be great. Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks