What's new

BluePrint Drivers gone?? (1 Viewer)

Cam S

Screenwriter
I'm about to build up a Powered sub for my Home Theater and was about to order a Shiva/PE250 from Kyle at Acoustic Visions, but I then noticed that the BluePrint 01 series drivers were being updated. I know the older SVS CS series drivers were similar to the 01 Series, and I'm wondering if the new 1201's will be similar to the new DB12's sold in the CS+ series by SVS. I tried E-mailing BluePrint a week ago, but havn't heard back, which isn't a good sign.

Does anyone have any experience with the BluePrint 01 series subs, and what sort of enclosure/port sizes will I be needing for them to match a shive in a 100L enclosure.

Thanks for any help guys, help me get this goin so I can do some ordering!!!!

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Cam,

This is the appropriate forum to post in. The folks in the hardware/subwoofer forum probably wouldn't know what you're talking about.

It's my understanding that Pat has sold BluePrint and the new owner will be updating the website.

Brian

ThomasW

Senior HTF Member
I got an email from Pat M.today. BluePrint has been sold. The new owner 'Bill' is relocating operations to Chicago. When the 'move' is completed, BluePrint operations will resume

Mike_A

Stunt Coordinator
the new 1201 will probably be similar to the updated CS/PCi driver that SVS uses. the old 1201 was similar to the old CS/PC driver, so it only makes sense...

Cam S

Screenwriter
I just recieved an e-mail from Pat, and he said that BPD had been sold and that the new 1201's won't be too much different, and that they will be about $12 more, so I think I'll just stick with the Shiva.
So....A few questions regarding the Shiva. I found a traditional enclosure I really like, and here is the link to his webpage: http://www.angelfire.com/movies/myhometheater/
PS. Nice work on the sub Kyle!
It's an SBB4 alignment tuned to around 22hz. What I would like to know is how much of a difference is there between that alignment and the 85L Adire Alignment?? I want to keep the box smaller, yet have the extension capabilities of a bigger box.
Could anyone recomend a box size that would suit my needs. Home Theater is about 70/30 movies/music, so I need that deep down bass.
I will be using the Shiva with the PE250 plate amp.
One more question. I'm in Canada, so I'll have to pay duty, does anyone know how I have to pay that?? If it will be on the bill from Acoustic Visions or if I have to pay it at a later date??
thanks guys, little nervous about shipping to Canada from US.

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
Cam. There won't be any duty on the amp or the driver, there will however be a brokerage fee. It will not show up on your bill from Acoustic Visions, you will pay the shipper directly when the items are delivered. You will only be charged GST, not PST (and only on the items purchased, not on the shipping itself). The brokerage fee will depend on the shipper used. On a Shiva and 250W plate amp using UPS I would expect around $35 brokerage (you'll also have to pay GST on the brokerage fee).

I just received an order from Acoustic Visions yesterday (took exactly one week using UPS Standard). Total on my Visa from Acoustic Visions was $797CDN for the parts to build two Dayton DVC 12" subs (2 drivers, 2 amps, 2 eight inch grilles, 2 packages of binding posts, 2 FP4 port kits). That $794CDN included $51USD for shipping. When the UPS guy dropped it off, I had to put another $104CDN on my Visa (they have a little electronic gizmo with them so you can pay at your door) in order to take delivery. $49 was GST, and the rest was brokerage.

Cam S

Screenwriter
Dam Dustin, you answered my question better than anyone could have. I was curious as to how I had to pay the brokerage fee's (COD etc etc), but now that I know I can put it on my Visa, I can go ahead with ordering the stuff. I'll be using Standard UPS as well.

I wonder if Acoustic Visions has the PE250 amp and Shiva in stock? man I don't wanna wait any longer!

Kyle Richardson

Screenwriter
Yes, I can have them shipped directly from Seattle so it will be closer to you in BC. Both items are in stock.

Kyle Richardson

Acoustic Visions

Mike Strassburg

Second Unit
BP will be located in Chicago......only a 45 minute drive away. Now I'll have to stop down sometime and check them out. Of course this will probably lead to a dual 1503 sonosub......does the madness ever end:D
Not quite done with my dual Tempest and already wanting to build another....

Cam S

Screenwriter
Both items in stock, awsome, thanks for the info Kyle.

Kyle, do you have the FP4 kits in as well??

Cam S

Screenwriter
does anyone have any comments on the size of box I should use for my Shiva?? Will 100L or so be enough to get the extension needed for movies?

Kyle Richardson

Screenwriter
Cam, yes and yes. :D (Even 85L is fine)
Personally, even though I don't sell Blueprints I would like to see them continue production. They were a nice driver and a nice alternative for those that wanted a driver with T/S parameters like that.
Kyle Richardson
Acoustic Visions

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
I hope to be starting on my 1803 enclosure this weekend! It'll be about 5ft^3 sealed after driver, bracing etc. It'll be stuffed heavily and will use a BFD to boost the low end and tame peaks and a K2 for power!

My dad and I will be building it in our woodshop. I've tolk him about it, but he hasn't seen it yet! I can't wait to see his face when I pull that sucker out of the box!

Brian

Cam S

Screenwriter
Does the Shiva or Parts Express plate amp have a warranty of any sort Kyle?

Cam S

Screenwriter
Tahnks for the links Kyle. I made my final decision to go with the Shiva/PE250/FP4 combo, just gotta wait a week for my next paycheck, WOOHOO, can't wait!!!

Cam S

Screenwriter
Well, I finally made my order, after months of deliberation. I don't think I would have done any of this without the help from you guys, so I appreciate all the answers you have provided me with!

I'll be taking lots of pics when I start the build up so I'll keep you guys up to date on the progress. The box is going to look very similiar to the Aerial SW12, so it should be nice.

Seth_L

Screenwriter
So does anyone know when I'm going to be able to actually buy a BP1503? I designed a sub completely around the 1503 and the day I went to order the cone the site was down (just my luck). I've got a QSC PLX2402 amp and 2 Adire PR-15 radiators that are now sitting around waiting for a cone that it now seems I won't be able to get for a long while and is going to cost me more money.
Does anyone have any more information? I'm a little upset :angry: by the fact that I've dropped nearly $1k into this project and it's all for nothing because I can't get the cone. My subwoofer is being held hostage :angry: .
Stereodude

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks