What's new

Blueprint driver (1 Viewer)

Dallas

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone like the Blueprint driver? I see all kinds of references to the Tempest, the Shiva, and even the Tumult but I don't see much discussion surrounding the Blueprint drivers. What do you all think, would it match up well with a PA 1000W amp?

Anyone have any pictures of your Blueprint driven subwoofer that I could see?

Take care,

Dallas

JimPeitersen

Second Unit
To which BP are you refering? There is little discussion because they are out of production (yes, Acoustic Visions has some stock left), and the company is long gone. I've owned multiple versions and currently have an 1803 in a "small" LT system and could not be more happy with it. The 01 series are solid performers, along the same lines as the Shiva/Tempest - Dayton DVC - Acoustic Elegance 1204 etc. The 03 series is comparable to some of the best long-throw drivers (non-XBL2) currently in production. I am sure that you could get a few members to send some photos your way.
JP

Robert_Gaither

Screenwriter
I own 1st gen 1201 that I'd compare to the Nht 1259. They made improvements with later models by making it a longer throw. 1201 was a good driver for it's time and really cheap, but what killed them imho is that they entered the entry level market late but I thought it killed off the intro of the Maelstrom and Stryke HE 15 when they introduced the 1803 too late to save themselves (personnally I thought it was a better bargin).

ThomasW

Senior HTF Member
They're really good drivers particularily the 03/04 series. They were the original high-excursion low buck drivers

The original BP drivers were made by the company now called Resonant Engineering.

Pat Moressy (sp?) (the guy that started the BP name and designed the original drivers), sold the BP name and the existing inventory. But the new purchaser couldn't get his operation up and running. So he sold all the inventory to AudioLiquidators. They sold them online for more than a year.

Kyle from Acoustic-Visions bought the remaining inventory from AL and has been selling off the what's left.

The 18"s are sold out and there are a very few 15"s available. There are no more 'hard' parts to build anymore drivers. There are 'soft parts' available for reconings

It's unknown at this time whether there will be a new production run of drivers. Kyle is in talks about doing this, but to date there hasn't been any concrete info as to whether it's going to happen.

Here are a couple of links to subs I've made using the BP1503

http://home.comcast.net/~audio-worx/...PetesTube.html
http://home.comcast.net/~audio-worx/...be-Zilla1.html

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks