What's new

blueprint 1803 vs. adire's new brahma 18...looking for info. (1 Viewer)

Kevin George

Stunt Coordinator
hi,
can you bass experts out there compare specs on these two 18' drivers and let me know what you think the better driver would be. i am planning on using sonotube and there will be no size limitiations in terms of enclosure volume.
what is most important to me is high spl, as well as low extension.
Link Removed
www.adireaudio.com
thanks!

Seth_L

Screenwriter
I'm not aware that Adire makes an 18" Brahma. I don't see specs for it on their site.

Seth

Kevin George

Stunt Coordinator
jeff,
i sold that beast to another forum member. i got the upgrade bug from seeing all of these new subs in the diy forum. i was even contemplating 2 subs, (2 sonosubs, each containing an 1803). i reconsidered though and am going to start with just one to see if it will cure my bass needs. it it doesnt, im going to go with two. my ht room is approx. 15 feet by 25 feet.
kevin

Seth_L

Screenwriter
Hmmm, all I can find is info on the 10", 12", and 15" Brahma. Are you sure they have an 18incher?
They say on the site that they're going to make one, but without the T/S parameters I don't know how anyone's going to make any guesses on the performance. Comparing the 1503 to Brahma 15 I don't see much difference. The Brahma looks to have a flatter frequency response, but isn't really any louder than the 1503 in the same enclosure. At 20Hz they had the same estimated SPL in the same enclosure. Given that an active EQ (BFD) is basically a neccessity I don't see and benefit over the "flatness" of the Brahma.

I also dont understand how/why people are building dual 1503 and dual 1803 enclosures. My in room estimates of my 4 PR 1503 design (8 cu-ft) show 127dB at 20Hz with 1000W. Exactly how much volume are you guys looking for?

Seth

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
One advantage the Brahma has is that it won't have the response hump around 70Hz that the Blueprint 03 series drivers have, which make the BFD a requirement, not an option.

Brian

Michael Do

Agent
I also dont understand how/why people are building dual 1503 and dual 1803 enclosures. My in room estimates of my 4 PR 1503 design (8 cu-ft) show 127dB at 20Hz with 1000W. Exactly how much volume are you guys looking for?
Some people won't be happy unless it'll crack concrete.
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

A

Anthony_Gomez

I have dual 1503's because I am running them SEALED. If I was going ported, then it would be because I had a really big room to fill....

TedO

Stunt Coordinator
Have you looked at the price difference?

You can buy a BFD, new and still have money left over if you buy the Blueprint.

If there is an advantage in the Braham please let me know before I build a Sono with a BP 1503.

TedO

Kerry Hackney

Stunt Coordinator
From what Dan W has said about the Brahma series they are mainly targeted at the auto market. Otherwise, their attraction is for very small enclosure - very HIGH power home applications. If, having a small enclosure isn't a prime concern, why not go with the dual Tempest in a larger box/es and plenty of power? If you're considering 1kw of drive anyway, in the right box you'll have probably way more SPL than you can use ....

Lewis Besze

Senior HTF Member
, why not go with the dual Tempest in a larger box/es and plenty of power? If you're considering 1kw of drive anyway, in the right box you'll have probably way more SPL than you can use ....
Good question,but knowing Kevin he will go for that last bit of bass he can get.I replaced a Tempest driver in my sub box for a BP 1503 and the difference is noticable but it isn't night and day.It's a lot harder to "bottom" out,which Kevin don't wanna hear about at all,so he goes for the, extreme.

Good for you Kevin!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks