What's new

Blueprint 1503 performance results and comparison to Tempest (1 Viewer)

ThomasW

Senior HTF Member
Tim_Y_F aka pkgum
kelticwizard
U know what I'm doing,.....its a 230L ported box tuned to 18Hz with hopefully a 7" tube.
Its gotta be abit bigger than thomas's because he tuned his to 18.56Hz
The driver, its a Blueprint 15
it has an F3 of 66Hz yet can do 116Db at 18Hz because theres a little hump of 1Db at 18Hz.
After 30Hz the frequency response rises 3Db/octave to reach MAX output at 120Db at around 110Hz then flattens again
CAN SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO UPLOAD A GRAPH FROM MY HARD DRIVE TO MY MESSAGE
There's a link to your post HERE
I realize you are only in high school. But I think by now you should have learned the benefits of honesty. The reality is that you don't have a BluePrint 1503, and you don't have a 230L ported sub. All you're doing is bench racing with UniBox simulations.
Now stop trying to hijack this thread. I'm no longer willing to answer your questions at DIY Audio forum, and won't reply here at HTF either.....
Regards
Thomas

ThomasW

Senior HTF Member
Terry
I'm not sure. Logic would dictate a difference, but then again logic doesn't always prevail. :)
I've only listened to the BDP 1503 in the AS-15 box. And as I said I don't currently don't have access to the Clio system so accurate plots aren't available.
I used the Senacore "Z" meter and checked the 1503 it's 4.30mH. A Tempest is 2.9mH both VC's in parallel. As I recall we measured the HE-15 as 2.2mH/VC. That's roughly the same as the 1503

Tim_Y_F

Agent
the reality is that I'm waiting for an australian distributor to take the order offered by Blueprint drivers.

heres the email:

The 1503 price is correct for the US market. I will have David quote you pricing for the shipping and but I do know that airshipping is not cheap at all to Australia (about as much as the driver itself). But we are trying to work with an Australian importer. Hopefully we will have an order worked out in the next month or two. This should keep the import and shipping costs much lower.

Cheers,

Pat

If the distributor takes the order then I'll buy the Blueprint driver directly from the distributor, not from Blueprintdrivers. This is a saving of $150 US.

I'm am a senior high school student. But on the forums I still see a couple of ppl my age, some even younger than me, so it doesn't matter what age someone is. When did I lie and tell u that I was an adult??Not once

I've altered the text because Kelticwizard isn't in this thread/or is he?

Am I "hijacking" this thread?

Don't start those flame wars I see many times in these forums.

TerryC

Stunt Coordinator
Tim, here is where you lied to us all:

"I have a 230L ported box tuned to 18Hz with a 7" tube.

The driver, its a Blueprint 1503 "

Tim_Y_F

Agent
OOPS...replace the word 'have' in my last post with the word 'simulated/designed'----my mistake

If I had constructed a box then why would I bother asking about why the F3 is so high when I already have a box?

still, I will build a ported box using a ( slightly modified?) type of this design when I get something cleared up and have recieved the driver.

another thing

quote:All you're doing is bench racing with UniBox simulations.

what do u mean by 'benchracing'? Whats the piont of benchracing? Why would anyone bother to do that with something they won't own....

I will own the Blueprint 1503 even if Pat can't get his order taken...but if he does It'll make things ALOT cheaper

Lewis Besze

Senior HTF Member
Thomas,
The BP 1503 needed very little modification on the BFD setting,after I replaced the Tempest with it,and the primary seating is at 14" away so there is plenty of "room in the way";)
The only place where the BP needed more boost is at 20hz by 3db.
As for the bottoming,the Tempest could bottom out way before the amp could clip,though on only on a few occasions,the BP won't even bottom when the amp clips.
The amp is a Mackie M-1200 and it is in bridged mode,and rated 1200w into a 4ohm load.

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
As for the bottoming,the Tempest could bottom out way before the amp could clip,though on only on a few occasions,the BP won't even bottom when the amp clips.

The amp is a Mackie M-1200 and it is in bridged mode,and rated 1200w into a 4ohm load.
Wow. Even taking into account the reduced sensitivity of the 1503, that's impressive.

A

Anthony_Gomez

Hey Terry and Lewis

just noticed that you are sorta close to me. I am over in irvine right next to UCI. Perhaps we can do a little bit of HT/ music auditioning. I personally have a dual 1503 (sealed-eq'd) and will have a set (5) of Ego's in a month or so (recovering from knee surgery first.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks