BluePrint( 1203) or Shiva 12"

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Martice, Oct 31, 2001.

1. Martice

Martice Screenwriter

I am interested in these 2 drivers and would like to know which one offers better power in the low regions using a ported 3cf cabinet?
    ------------------
    What if it gets no better than this!?!

2. Jack Gilvey

Jack Gilvey Producer

Man, you are all over the place.
    Why don't you narrow it down to your 10 favorite 12" drivers, and we'll take it from there?
    [​IMG]
    Really, what is your budget for this project, and what is the biggest box you can build?
    ------------------
    [​IMG]

3. Martice

Martice Screenwriter

$300.00 - $500.00 is my budget. This is my first venture into the DIY cirlces so excuse me if I'm all around the threads. I'm very curious and excited about the possiblities. Also, there is a lot of information to gather as well. The only thing that I've purchased so far is a plate amp from PE.
    As far as the cabinet goes, it seems that 2.3cf to 3.37cf would have to be what might give me the performance I'm looking for. Since I really want this sub for HT, I guess a ported design or PR is the way to go. I need to know what drivers would allow me to get 30-20hz performance using a ported or PR design in the smallest cabinet possible?
    Whew!! Bare with me.
    ------------------

4. Jack Gilvey

Jack Gilvey Producer

5. Martice

Martice Screenwriter

I picked up the 300-794 plate amp from Parts Express. I wanted the 150watt closeout model but I was a second to late so I went with the 250watt model. Does anyone know if the Blueprint 1203 driver would fit into the Parts Express Titanic cabinet?
    ------------------

6. Brian Bunge

Brian Bunge Producer

Martice,
    I don't know if you noticed in the other thread, but I posted that Blueprint has 6 B-stock 1203's for $169 (or $165, can't remember now)! You might wanna jump on one of those!
    Brian
    ------------------