What's new

Bluejeans and M1000 monsters . . . worth the difference in $?? (1 Viewer)

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
Admin Note: Guys, can we calm down a bit and start contributing our experiences & knowledge? Let's keep this about the technology and not about each other or I'll have to close this thread. (And I hate to do 'official' stuff like this.)

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
You know, somewhere, someone must've ripped these apart and reverse engineered the construction.

Brian OK

Supporting Actor
I have bought, used, and sold the Monster Silver Video M1000V. My personal, hands-on use experience with this cable left me with a kiss alright--- akin to one from my sister :*o.

Adequate, and familiar, but far from the expectations I expect from a critical connection. Video feed cable, has to deliver the goods (specs published or not) and my use of THREE levels of Monster Video cable (cheap, to better, to BEST)found me eventually using the Better Cables (their Canare offering a couple of years ago) Ultra component set which I saw as simply superior to the Monster stuff.

BC no longer offers the old Ultra but boy it sure beat ALL iterations of the Monster brand I started with. Canare is a very nice video cable, IME.

Now I use the ZU Megular Component cable and it is the best I have ever used. No specs published but , damn, it is very, very clean. The best yet for my tired analog Toshiba 43" er.

I am awaiting DLP HDTV's to clean up the artifacts and green push, ..etc, so I am expecting (shortly) three Bybee purifiers to attach to my Megular set. This should be interesting to see if they can put a new shine on my analog set as I wait out the next generation/firmware version of DLP from TI. They were "really" bought for the 3 front line level connects to my monoblocks :*)

Yeah, I agree with Chu on this ( yes Chu, mi amigo) that 200 bucks is a near criminal offense for the result that Monster brings to the "improved" imagery.

all imho,

BOK

Brandon Steck

Stunt Coordinator
Ok . . . i'm getting that the monster cable is a quality cable, but better can be had for the price . . . now, between Blue Jeans, better cables, etc., what's the best place to go for component cables?

Mike Boniferro

Second Unit
Brandon, I gotta say... since you get accomodation pricing on the Monster stuff, I'd say why not. I kinda doubt that many people would say the THX Ultras are WORSE than any of the other cables, so why not just go with them and be safe :D Plus they do look damn cool lol

Brandon Steck

Stunt Coordinator
Mike,

Thanks for the reply, first of all. Second, I think I might have made a mistake. The monster cables I'm considering are the M Silver Video M1000CV (http://www.monstercable.com/productPage.asp?pin=202)These are different from their THX line as far as I can tell. If these are what you (or anyone else) was referring to in comparing custom cables to monster, I apologize. But these are the monsters I would be getting. Thanks!

Brandon

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
We're arguing over whether to spend LESS money for SUPERIOR cables?

Sheesh!:frowning:

Since when did mathematics become so obsolete...

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
ahhhhhh, but only under certain conditions would one of those two choices be superior.

DiMora Diamond

Auditioning
also check out clearcables.com I went with them, and I am very happy with both their look and performance. Specs for Canare cables are easily attainable on the net, and those cables have a great reputation as being broadcast quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks