What's new

Blue Water, White Death? (1 Viewer)

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
I have heard many people talk about this ground breaking 1969 documentary about Great White Sharks but have never had the opportunity to see it, I was wondering if anybody had heard of it getting a DVD release anytime soon?

walter o

Supporting Actor
I am pretty sure Warner controls this. So I do not see a DVD release anytime soon (there wasn't even a VHS release!)

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter
BLUE WATER WHITE DEATH was a Cinema Center Films production released by National General Pictures. As such it should be part of the CBS library and thus a likely Paramount DVD release. I don't know whether the upcoming "split" of Paramount and CBS into separate companies will affect any future releases from the CBS Films library.

walter o

Supporting Actor
Mark is correct, didn't know Cinema Center produced it. If Cinema Center controls it, then it is CBS, paramount, like LE MAN, LITTLE BIG MAN, PRIME CUT, MAN CALLED HORSE, REIVERS etc. So there is a chance that Paramount might put it out, but if it is National General's ownership, then it would fall under Warner, like GETAWAY, HOW SWEET IT IS, STALKING MOON, DREAM OF KINGS, EXECUTIVE ACTION,UP THE SANDBOX, etc, the it should be WB's item, so that looks bleak.

(I know alot of people get the two companies confused, not sure if both was related in someways, or if it was, how one split off to CBS while other split off to Warner)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks