Blue Velvet question (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mike Broadman, Aug 22, 2002.

1. Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman Producer

Just bought this one and watched it last night.
    It's... weird.

SPOILERS...

One thing I wasn't clear on: what happened to the man in yellow at the end? How did he get that head wound? The singer's husband has the piece of blue velvet in his mouth, which implies that Frank Booth messed him up. But why would he do that to the man in yellow, his partner? Was it just to keep the money / drugs all for himself?

2. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

3. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Screenwriter

I just saw it last weekend and was wondering the same thing. I really liked it and Dennis Hopper was nuts.

"Where's the glass? That beers gonna get warm. That's one thing I can't F-N stand is warm beer makes me F-N puke!"

That quote was on a CD I used to listen to a lot and now after 6 years I now know what movie that quote was from.

4. Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman Producer

I didn't realise someone could have a vicious head injury like that and still stand. Ouch.

I watched this movie in college once. We had this buddy who majored in film and he told us about this David Lynch guy, so we watched Blue Velvet... and we all hated it! I thought it was the most retarded thing ever, and just some artsy nonsense.

Seeing Mullholland Drive recently totally flipped my opinion of his abilities and his style. It's still arty nonsense, but it's good arty nonsense. MD is now one of my favorite films of all time.

I had a free pick at a Virgin store, so I grabbed this one for kicks. I really enjoyed it this time.

"Don't look at me!"