What's new

Blue Velvet question (spoilers) (1 Viewer)

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
Just bought this one and watched it last night.
It's... weird.

SPOILERS...

One thing I wasn't clear on: what happened to the man in yellow at the end? How did he get that head wound? The singer's husband has the piece of blue velvet in his mouth, which implies that Frank Booth messed him up. But why would he do that to the man in yellow, his partner? Was it just to keep the money / drugs all for himself?

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Was it just to keep the money / drugs all for himself?
Possibly. But I think Frank also needed to silence him. By this point in the story, Franks's criminal "organization" is unraveling, and it's something of a cliche in crime stories that the dirty cop is the one most likely to squeal when caught.
And there's always the possibility that Frank just went wild. Wouldn't be the first time. :eek:
M.

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
I just saw it last weekend and was wondering the same thing. I really liked it and Dennis Hopper was nuts.

"Where's the glass? That beers gonna get warm. That's one thing I can't F-N stand is warm beer makes me F-N puke!"

That quote was on a CD I used to listen to a lot and now after 6 years I now know what movie that quote was from.

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
I didn't realise someone could have a vicious head injury like that and still stand. Ouch.

I watched this movie in college once. We had this buddy who majored in film and he told us about this David Lynch guy, so we watched Blue Velvet... and we all hated it! I thought it was the most retarded thing ever, and just some artsy nonsense.

Seeing Mullholland Drive recently totally flipped my opinion of his abilities and his style. It's still arty nonsense, but it's good arty nonsense. MD is now one of my favorite films of all time.

I had a free pick at a Virgin store, so I grabbed this one for kicks. I really enjoyed it this time.

"Don't look at me!"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks