What's new

Blue Velvet problems (1 Viewer)

Kurt N

Stunt Coordinator
I'm on my second copy and they've both done the same thing. When I go to the special features menu, it stays on the screen about 4 seconds and then returns to the main menu. Nothing is highlighted, nor can I highlight anything.

The movie looks great and the extras sound great too--just wish I could access them.

I've got an 18 month-old Phillips player that has never given me any problems before.

Any advice, suggestions, similar problems?

M

MaxY

Well one thing that you should know, is whenever you post a DVD problem of this sort you should include the make and model of DVD Player in your Post.

I got the BV disc but have not put it in a player yet. I will try it and report back. I will try it in my Toshiba player as those seem to be one of the more problematic players.

Back to you soon.

BTW Ron did a review of the New BV and did not mention any problems with the disc.

Max

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
I played all the special features last night, and it worked perfectly on my Pioneer DV414.

M

MaxY

Well I am back, I just checked on a Toshiba 6200 and the Special features menu comes up without problems and I even checked out the photo montage of deleted scenes.
Did you edit in the comment about the 18 month old Philips player? Or did I just miss that line the first time I looked at? :)
Max

Kurt N

Stunt Coordinator
Max-the 18-month-old Phillips line was there, Now I'll add that it's a model 701.

I tried cleaning the first disc to no avail.

I guess it's back to CC in the AM for #3. If it works there, I'll know it's my machine--less than 2 years old, but it's been on a LOT of hours. Maybe it's tired and needs to be moved to the bedroom.

M

MaxY

Well I would guess the next step is to see if someone else with the same player has a Problem.

any one out there with a Philips player having problems with Blue Velvet?

Max

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
linda19798888
Recent bookmarks