Blue Velvet problems

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kurt N, Jun 5, 2002.

1. Kurt N

Kurt N Stunt Coordinator

I'm on my second copy and they've both done the same thing. When I go to the special features menu, it stays on the screen about 4 seconds and then returns to the main menu. Nothing is highlighted, nor can I highlight anything.

The movie looks great and the extras sound great too--just wish I could access them.

I've got an 18 month-old Phillips player that has never given me any problems before.

Any advice, suggestions, similar problems?

2. MaxY

MaxY Guest

Well one thing that you should know, is whenever you post a DVD problem of this sort you should include the make and model of DVD Player in your Post.

I got the BV disc but have not put it in a player yet. I will try it and report back. I will try it in my Toshiba player as those seem to be one of the more problematic players.

Back to you soon.

BTW Ron did a review of the New BV and did not mention any problems with the disc.

Max

3. Brajesh Upadhyay

Brajesh Upadhyay Supporting Actor

Kurt, I played the DVD last night on my Panny RP91. I don't have the problem you describe.

4. Rich Malloy

Rich Malloy Producer

I played all the special features last night, and it worked perfectly on my Pioneer DV414.

5. MaxY

MaxY Guest

Well I am back, I just checked on a Toshiba 6200 and the Special features menu comes up without problems and I even checked out the photo montage of deleted scenes.
    Did you edit in the comment about the 18 month old Philips player? Or did I just miss that line the first time I looked at? [​IMG]
    Max

6. Kurt N

Kurt N Stunt Coordinator

Max-the 18-month-old Phillips line was there, Now I'll add that it's a model 701.

I tried cleaning the first disc to no avail.

I guess it's back to CC in the AM for #3. If it works there, I'll know it's my machine--less than 2 years old, but it's been on a LOT of hours. Maybe it's tired and needs to be moved to the bedroom.

7. MaxY

MaxY Guest

Well I would guess the next step is to see if someone else with the same player has a Problem.

any one out there with a Philips player having problems with Blue Velvet?

Max