What's new

BLUE UNDERGROUND's Slate Of Blu-Ray Horrors For 2011 (1 Viewer)

Jeffrey Nelson

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeffrey Nelson
I'll pick up the new Blu, but it looks like I'll have to keep the old DEEP RED DVD, as it's the only release to contain the complete version with most of it dubbed in English, which is my preferred way to watch the film now. I know, call me crazy. I really wish they would have dubbed those other scenes, dammit...and that Bill hadn't effed up the end credits. And that Bill hadn't effed up the SUSPIRIA soundtrack.

bgart13

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ben
Actually, the blu-ray will have two versions of the movie - the director's cut & the international English version. The new dvd will only have the international English version (I'm guessing since the director's cut is already available from them).

Jeffrey Nelson

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeffrey Nelson
Originally Posted by bgart13

Actually, the blu-ray will have two versions of the movie - the director's cut & the international English version. The new dvd will only have the international English version (I'm guessing since the director's cut is already available from them).

I know, but the Blu won't have English dub option for the long version plus subtitles for the Italian-only scenes, which only the old DVD has. It's too bad they didn't include that option for the Blu, because the end credits are effed on the old DVD.

Vincent_P

Senior HTF Member
Jeff:

Where did you hear that that Blu-ray won't contain the hybrid English/Italian language option for the long version? I haven't seen that anywhere.

Vincent

Originally Posted by Jeffrey Nelson

I know, but the Blu won't have English dub option for the long version plus subtitles for the Italian-only scenes, which only the old DVD has. It's too bad they didn't include that option for the Blu, because the end credits are effed on the old DVD.

[/QUOTE]

FanboyZ

Second Unit
Real Name
Zolly Shoah Ben-Becker
It's a shame Blue Underground can't rescue Evil Dead II from Anchor Bay.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
FANGORIA: In the midst of its many Eurohorror releases, Blue Underground has unearthed a long-unavailable domestic chiller for its DVD and Blu-ray debut. We got the details and cover art for the 1981 flick THE NESTING.

Coming on both formats June 28, THE NESTING (a.k.a. PHOBIA and MASSACRE MANSION) was directed by Armand Weston and stars Robin Groves as Lauren Cochran, an agoraphobic mystery writer who relocates from the city to an old Victorian house in the country to get over her writer’s block. Unfortunately, Lauren soon receives more inspiration than she’d like as people around her start dying violently, and she starts uncovering the house’s gruesome history. Genre stalwart John Carradine and Oscar-winning screen veteran Gloria Grahame (in her final film performance) co-star in the film, which will be presented in a never-before-seen director’s cut, in 1.85:1 widescreen (anamorphic on the DVD, 1080p HD resolution on the Blu-ray) with Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround EX, DTS-ES 6.1 and original mono soundtracks on the DVD and Dolby 5.1 Surround EX, DTS-HD 7.1 and original mono audio options on the Blu-ray. Both versions will also include theatrical trailers, TV spots and a poster/still gallery. Retail prices are $19.98 for the DVD and $29.98 for the Blu-ray.

bgart13

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ben
How does the blue color ruin the artwork? Orange and blue are complementary colors.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
Fulci’s ‘Zombie’ Coming to Blu-ray from Blue Underground Late 2011

BRUTAL AS HELL: ". . . On the February 18th Deadpit show Felsher had some interesting news on Blue Underground’s plans to finally give Lucio Fulci’s Zombie (or Zombi 2 as it’s more popularly known) a proper Blu-ray release. Now we’ve all seen (or maybe we haven’t) the Wikipedia page that says William Lustig plans on releasing the film in 2011, but Felsher discloses some additional info that’s worth reporting on!

Bill [Lustig] has made it a point he wants this one to be a big deal. Zombie’s going to be a big release. He’s going to be doing a whole new transfer in HD from the negative. This is going to blow away any previous edition of Zombie that’s ever been out there.

Felsher also comments on some of the extra’s we might expect. He was recently at the Cinema Wasteland Expo, where we was able to get together with about four of the cast members to shoot some additional footage.

The stuff we shot at Cinema Wasteland was just fantastic. It’s going to be in 2.35.1 widescreen just like the movie and we shot it all in a really cool way. It’s going to be very different than a lot of the stuff I’ve done. I’m really looking forward to Zombie coming out.

In terms of when we can expect this release? “I think Bill’s plan, and I can’t speak 100%, but I think Bill’s plan was to definitely have that out for Halloween this year. But again, plans can change and I’m not making the official announcement. That’s just what the plan is right now. I’m sure you’ll be seeing a lot more official announcements from them as we get closer to it. This is going to be a big, big special edition.

Will*B

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Will
Really looking forward to seeing Zombi 2 in HD. Along with the remaining Bonds, it's my most anticipated BD of all.

I hope the extras live up to the hype. I was very disappointed with the 90-min or so Shriek Show documentary on the film - totally lacked focus, and seemed like a whole bunch of raw EPK footage stuck together with no care, attention or knowledge of editing. It won't be hard for Blue Underground to top it!

As an aside, it would be fantastic to see a Blu-ray version of BU's amazing Mondo Cane Collection - that DVD set still ranks as my favourite set almost 8 years on. Africa Addio and Addio Zio Tom would look absolutely stunning in HD....

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis

FANGORIA: At least, they do if they’re fans of Italian gore and gialli. Sergio Martino’s 1973 murderama (a.k.a. I CORPI PRESENTANO TRACCE DI VIOLENZA CARNALE) is coming on new DVD and Blu-ray editions this summer, and we’ve got the details and the covers.

Blue Underground sent Fango the info and art for its discs, which street July 26. Suzy Kendall and Tina Aumont star as two of a quartet of coeds who flee a college campus being plagued by a sex murderer. But the killer follows them there and begins picking them off amidst assorted carnal encounters. The DVD will contain the first-ever release of the uncensored English-language version, while the Blu-ray will include that as well as the full-length Italian director’s cut, each in new hi-def 1.66:1 transfers (1080p on the Blu-ray). Special features on both discs are:

• “Murders in Perugia” interview featurette with director/co-writer Martino

• U.S. opening credits

• U.S. and international trailers

• TV and radio spots

• Poster and still gallery

Retail price is $19.98 for the DVD, $29.98 for the Blu-ray. In other Blue Underground news, the company has announced that its DVD and Blu-ray of THE NESTING, which we first told you about here, will contain the original theatrical cut of the film in order to present the highest-quality version. A collection of deleted and extended scenes will be included as supplements .

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
Originally Posted by SWFF
‘Zombie’ Coming to Blu-ray from Blue Underground Late 2011

The stuff we shot at Cinema Wasteland was just fantastic. It’s going to be in 2.35.1 widescreen just like the movie and we shot it all in a really cool way. It’s going to be very different than a lot of the stuff I’ve done. I’m really looking forward to Zombie coming out.

Let's hope this stuff is just for a featurette and they're not trying to make a "new" movie like what happened to NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD several years back.

FanboyZ

Second Unit
Real Name
Zolly Shoah Ben-Becker
Michael Elliott said:

Let's hope this stuff is just for a featurette and they're not trying to make a "new" movie like what happened to NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD several years back.
Well we can always resort to violence.

Vincent_P

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Michael Elliott

What exactly would lead you to even entertain that possibility? Cinema Wasteland is a horror/cult convention, they're obviously talking about appearances by cast there that they recorded for the supplements.

Vincent

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks