Blue tooth with my computer?

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Brian Osborne, Feb 22, 2006.

1. Brian Osborne

Brian Osborne Stunt Coordinator

I'm looking for a way to have wireless heaphones for use with my computer. I have a bluetooth headset that my wife uses for her cell phone. is this something that I could intergrate somehow for use with my computer? Or is there a quality RF wireless headset with mic available somewhere?
    Any ideas? or help with the bluetooth thing?
    thanks,

2. Mike LS

Mike LS Supporting Actor

I've never seen a bluetooth headset/mic combo for use with a computer. I know there are bluetooth headphones (Toshiba has a set I know), but none of the ones I've seen have a mic.

Not sure if you could make a bluetooth phone headset work with a computer though....don't computer headsets have 2 plugs (mic and headset seperately)? Every phone set I've seen only has the one combined plug.

3. Mike Voigt

Mike Voigt Supporting Actor

If you know how it is encoded (I don't, but one part of the plug carries the headset info, the other the mike, one way to find out...) you should easily be able to find a splitter to take it to two separate signals.

4. Kimmo Jaskari

Kimmo Jaskari Screenwriter

Try http://www.bluetoothpcheadsets.com/ - should contain info about it.

Your computer needs to be Bluetooth enabled somehow, obviously. The easiest way (assuming your're running Windows XP service pack 2) is to buy a cheap bluetooth usb adapter and plug it in and you have working bluetooth.

5. Brian Osborne

Brian Osborne Stunt Coordinator

picked up a usb - bluetooth adapter for my pc for $20. i'll play with it and my cell phone headset and let you all know. The idea behind bluetooth was infinite compatibility, I'm sure I will get this to work.