Blue Thunder

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Ben King, Apr 10, 2006.

1. Ben King

Ben King Stunt Coordinator

The TV series is coming to DVD.

More details here.

So maybe there's hope for other short-lived TV series e.g. Street Hawk.

2. AndyMcKinney

AndyMcKinney Cinematographer

If Blue Thunder can make it (a mediocre show at best), one would think that there would be hope for anything short-lived.

I, personally, am hoping for Logan's Run, Quark, Cliff-Hangers! and Man From Atlantis (which itself was "bad" television, but I'd like to have anyway). My guess is Cliff-Hangers! is the least-likely, but hey, I would've never believed Blue Thunder ever had a shot.

3. Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D Cinematographer

I loved that show when it was on (1979?).....my favourite storyline by far was the Dracula one starring Michael Nouri. I was happy that of the three storylines, this one managed to have an ending to the story before the show got cancelled. If the Blue Thunder TV series can make it to DVD, then this one really should do so too. I know that I'd buy it.[​IMG]

4. AndyMcKinney

AndyMcKinney Cinematographer

The final episode, which didn't air on NBC but did air overseas, had the final installment of Stop Susan Williams and the final two installments of The Secret Empire, so all three serial did, at least, have their conclusions filmed, and aired, somewhere (actually, I think the ending to Susan was shown in the TV movie that was compiled for it, called Girl Who Saved the World.).

A good overview of the series can be found

My VHS copy of the last episode is from an Australia airing in 1981, so the show presumably took a couple of years to get down under!here.

5. RogerH

RogerH Supporting Actor

This is great news. As you said bring on Street Hawk [​IMG]

6. Michael Alden

Michael Alden Supporting Actor

When I transferred my tapes I never would have thought in a million years a mediocre show like this would ever be under consideration.