Blue streaks on a 46" Mitsubishi

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Mark Lowell, Dec 22, 2003.

1. Mark Lowell

Mark Lowell Auditioning

Over the last few weeks I have noticed blue streaks appearing on the left side of the screen. They are very thin lines that show when there is a white background on the edge of a particular movie. Has anyone ever seen this or have any ideas on how to fix this problem.

Thanks for any input.

2. ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles Producer

Is this on particular discs, and is it repeatable? It could be you're seeing the extreme edge of the picture, with the noise. You may need to adjust overscan if this is in fact the case.

Or it may be something totally different.

3. Mark Lowell

Mark Lowell Auditioning

Chris
    Thanks for the reply. It seems that the blue color is where the picture runs out. It seems to do this on most DVDs and the same blue streaks appear when I go back to the disk. I'm not sure how one sets the over scan on a Mitsubishi set.

Mark

4. Dave Nelms

Dave Nelms Stunt Coordinator

Mark-

I am having the same problem with my 55" Mitsubishi set.

It is really noticeable when black and white DVDs are played. I have tried adjusting the convergence but that does not solve the problem.

I was just getting ready to call and see if someone could come out and look at it under warranty, but I was waiting for the holidays to pass.

Hopefully someone knows what the problem is.

5. Mark Lowell

Mark Lowell Auditioning

Dave

Yes, this is more noticiable on black & white films.

6. Dave Nelms

Dave Nelms Stunt Coordinator

Mark-

Hopefully someone can shed some light on this problem. I was even noticing last night while watching LOTR-Two Towers.

I was hoping to set some cash aside to get my set calibrated but I need to know if I should get this fixed first or if the calibrationist could solve the problem.

I looked for some hints on the keohiHDTV site but I am afraid to enter the calibration menu.