What's new

Blue Screen of Death? (1 Viewer)

kumar

Stunt Coordinator
No No! not really that serious (hopefully!)

Well this is the situation. My Sony 57WS510 is about two weeks old now. When I switch on my TV and traverse throught the Normal, Full, Zoom and WideZoom modes, I notice something funny. I put the TV on a Video Signal that is not connected. So I get black screen. From Noirmal I move to Full mode still black. I move From Full to Zoom, still black. When I move from Zoom to Wide Zoom. I get a slight blue tinge a slight and faint white lines like a portion of top of an elipse each separated by close to two inches running all over the screen. Then after a say two -five minutes it becomes slowly to the normal black like the other Wide Modes.

First I thought if it was a magnetic interference. But why only in Wide Zoom Mode? Second of all My fron speakers are separated by 20 inches comapared front to front (of tv and speaker) and close 25-27 inches compared to back to back.

Any thoughts on this please?

FYI, I have not yet used any calibration tools to calibrate my TV, except for reducing the PICTURE and BRIGHTBNESS MODE on the standard and Movie preset to less than 40% and 50% respectively. (These are two modes that we usually watch).

John S

Senior HTF Member
If you ever get to a store, around the same model, try it on the display model.

I don't think there is any issue, and would just chalk it up to some really minor quirk on the model.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks