What's new

blue-ray players in EUROPE? (1 Viewer)

MarekM

Supporting Actor

Hey Cees, thanx for INFO !!

well I think it's a good news, that any HD format is COMING THIS YEAR !! :)
that will force again Blue ray camp to harry up hmm....

well we will see what will happend in US after all blue ray players will be out,... so europe will not fall behind too much

no news from my friend about eu version of samsung hmm

thanx again for info..
Marek

MarekM

Supporting Actor
yes some nice news from german IFA show,.... hopefully blue ray will be avaible too.......

Thoshiba HD-DVD for europe launch :
HD-E1 version for 599 eruo and HD-XE1 version for 899

there is thread at AVSforums,... I don't know if I can't link to another forum ?

Marek

MarekM

Supporting Actor
Hello Cees :)

Did you received your toshiba ? :)
Any new info about blu-ray players in Europe...,
we know that Toshiba will go out with those two version "HD-E1 version for 599 eruo and HD-XE1 version for 899" any street dates ?

Marek

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
Well I have Blu-Ray finally and I'm in Europe! Actually I made my player myself! I just bought an LG BD-Writer and installed it in my HTPC. The only BD title I had was the Terminator.

I have to say that it was a lot of pain to make it work! The box says it plays BD-ROM media out-of-the-box, but it doesn't (even if you have HDCP)! You need the necessary patches on top, for PowerDVD and nVidia. You absolutely need nVidia's PureVideo HD to watch BD.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Well done! :)

How does The Terminator look?
Currently I only have three BD titles: both Terminators and The Fifth Element (I regret owning the last title), but I haven't seen them yet.

The "other" solution (the one I personally may choose) could be to temporarily buy a PS3 when it comes out (but unfortunately that may not be before March next year in Europe, so everything could change...).

Cees

MarekM

Supporting Actor

Cees,

I am thinking about buying PS3 from states...... :)
after all we can order all our titles there ......, if players here will be that expensive hmm

Marek

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Yes, if you can find a dealer willing to ship overseas. Also, I'm not sure if the PS3 might not be more sensitive to the 60Hz/50Hz difference of the power outlets.

We can rather easily convert the 110V -> 240V, but not the frequency!

Of course, if it is equipped with an external power adapter, and works on DC, we'd be fine and use a local one.

Cees

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD

It looks good. It’s especially with the day scenes where I can definitely say that I’m watching a HD material, the night scenes look so, so. They look like DVD to me. That’s the first impression without close inspection.

I did this because I feel I’m free and future proof! I suppose that this gives a better image than the infamous standalone Samsung BD player. Also in the future I’m sure I can make it a Multi-Region BD player. Also it’s a BD writer.

So in short with less money, I get a much better product and writer than the Samsung!

I was also looking for some BD recommendations. Because I know that their quality is bad and I want to buy only the ones that worth it.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Sam,

Making it multi-region isn't too difficult at all. Just like with SDVD players, as an ultimate solution you could always install a second drive if one locks into a specific region, and let the other one lock into the other region.

If the software would try to prevent it... well I don't think it would continue to do so very long. :)

Cees

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
My player is locked to Region A now and I have 5 times to change it. Actually the PowerDVD patch that I talked about was for this! The initial PowerDVD that comes with the writer has no region coding.

I would wait for a software solution. I have only 2 places for drives on my HTPC and I’m reserving the other slot for HD-DVD. Now that’s a multi-format player!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks