What's new

Blue Print 1001 design input needed (1 Viewer)

Wes Nance

Stunt Coordinator
Hi,

I was looking at the closeout drivers on BPD 1001 and the BPD 1001 looked pretty interesting for $65.

I was looking for a small sub for my main listening room, to mate with a pair of AV-1's or something similar.

In Unibox, a sealed box with a Q of .6 looked pretty decent, in a small 21L box.

I would probably prefer a sealed design, as this will be a music only system.

Any comments, corrections?

Thanks, guys-

Wes

Rory Buszka

Supporting Actor
Hi

The BPD 1001 is a very high-quality 10" driver. For my 11'x11' bedroom, it goes lower and louder than I need, and I took my system downstairs into my den and showed a movie for some friends (The Sum of all Fears), and I felt my pant legs flapping from the listening position, about 8 feet from the subwoofer itself. The Blueprint 1001 does not disappoint. What I really want to see, though, is a 1003 Linkwitz-Transform cube. They don't have a picture there but that thing was a monster! The surround was so huge on that thing that there was only an inch between that flat part where it glues onto the cone and the big dust cap.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation690
Recent bookmarks