What's new

Blue Oyster Cult remasters? (1 Viewer)

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
It has been a long time since I picked up the first three BOC remasters and Agents of Fortune, and I'm wondering if there has been any word or rereleases of more of the catalogue?

Mirrors?
Spectres?
Cultosaurus Erectus?

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Thanks Kevin. So there IS a remaster of CE. Looks like I'll have to get that.

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
Hey Jeff! How goes it?

Have you gotten a chance to listen to the Agents of Fortune SACD? I picked that up at the last big Sony Music SACD sale, and I have to say, its a real turkey.

I have not listened to this one in a long, long time, so I don't have a good memory of the sonics from back in the day, but this is one of the few SACDs I own that is pretty much un-listenable in either 2CH or MC.

Of course, I have been become spoiled by the sonics of a certain independent hard rock/prog release by a particular artist who shall remain nameless!:D

BGL

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Oh come on Brian, fess up! ;)

No SACDs for me (at least, not until the artist that shall remain unnamed sells a heck of a lot more copies of said CD, and gets some of his other gear fixed first!).

Agents of Fortune was never a great sounding album (none of the BOC albums were except perhaps the later ones like CE or FOUO). I was listening to the remastered first album yesterday, and it is just as thin and boxy sounding as it ever was. Whoever did the liner notes looks like they ripped off the lyrics from a Japanese release.

Sonics aside, these guys produced some great, if weird, tunes. I'd love to be able to remaster some of these classic albums. Some of these jobs sound like the only reason they did them was to slap "remastered" on the cover, not to make them sound any better (louder does not equal better).

Rob_D

Agent
I don't think we'll see anymore BOC remasters due to the high cost of releasing them (to BOC).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation199
Recent bookmarks