What's new

Blue Man Group meets Dual SVS (1 Viewer)

Greg Br

Second Unit
Well after many recommendations on my first DVD Audio disk to get I settled on the Blue Man Group, unfortunately my DVD Audio player did not show up today :angry:. I have dual SVS 20-39cs subs with the new drivers. I played BMG in regular DTS surround sound and all I have to say is you better have your sub calibrated correctly and not hot if you are going to listen to it at high volumes. I was +5 hot and on the third song, TV Song, the first 2 minutes or so are building you up for something, then all of a sudden is the hardest hitting bass I have every heard, it must be like 35hz or so. Still these subs did not bottom, SVS has given us one heck of a new driver. I did one of those where the heck is the remote jobs. The Samson was hitting the clip light and the house lights were dimming on each thunderous punch. Its one thing to have a explosion in a movie, its another to have it every 5 seconds. I was hitting 120+ decibals constant and that was after I took the 5db's hot out of the subs. This is my new wow refrence disk and can only wait to hear it in 192khz, there is also great surround and mids all over the place, I cannot suggest a better disk to show off your system.:D

Thomas F

Stunt Coordinator
Cool stuff! I also picked up the BMG DVA-A disk last week (my first), and it sounds great. I don't have DVA-A yet, so I had to settle for the DTS track. I'm currently running a PW-2200, but my CS Ultra is currently on order and should ship next week. It oughta really kick then.

rodneyH

Supporting Actor
Blue man group is a fun disc. As for your dvda player, listen to this, I get home and have a UPS sticker sitting in my kitchen that says "SVS Bass" on it, they couldn't drop it off AND need a freaking signature:angry: :angry: , plus, they don't deliver on Sat, so now I get to got the whole freaking weekend thinking about it, while I could have been putting it together and calibrating it:angry: :angry: :angry: :thumbsdown:

Greg Br

Second Unit
The Horror, The Horror. Someone might think they were dual frigerators and swipe them.

Dave Schofield

Second Unit
Is this the Blue Man Group disc that has "not a video" plastered all over the front of it? It is capatible with regular DVD players, is it not? Does it have DD5.1 or just DTS?

Thomas F

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, it is the one that says "not a video". It has DVD-A on one side and DD/DTS tracks on the other and it is compatible with standard DVD players, but you won't be able to play the DVD-A tracks. Highly recommended.

Greg Br

Second Unit
I swear on TV Song my wife and I kept looking at eack other cause the music is obviously building up to something, we just were not prepared when it did, I really don't think my neighborhood was either.

Norman Short

Stunt Coordinator
I have a DVD-A player and about 9 discs. Waiting for my SVS+ to ship too. But I've never listened to the Blue Man Group so I didn't pick that one up. Can anyone describe the music to me?

Norman Short

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
I ordered this disc along with the second Best of Kodo cd over a week ago. You guys aren't helping my patients situtation. I can hardly wait to see what my Tempest Sonosub can do with it.

Greg Br

Second Unit
Kinda of techno beat music but with a twist as they have created several new instruments form PVC pipe and make some cools sounds. It is just different and really shows off the mids and the bass off a system.

I passed on seeing these guys in vegas but after hering them on my system I am kicking myself today, that would have rocked.

Make sure your sub is calibrated.

RajeeK

Second Unit
Blue man group is a fun disc. As for your dvda player, listen to this, I get home and have a UPS sticker sitting in my kitchen that says "SVS Bass" on it, they couldn't drop it off AND need a freaking signature , plus, they don't deliver on Sat, so now I get to got the whole freaking weekend thinking about it, while I could have been putting it together and calibrating it
That is just cruel and unusual punishment. I feel for you.

Dave Schofield

Second Unit
I wanted to see them in Vegas but their ticket prices were outrageous (I suppose like most shows out there). The blackjack table called :)

SkiingNinja

Second Unit
Real Name
Sean Ries
The Vegas tix prices were way high ($90 when I went). Luckily, I was there on a business trip and my company paid for it.
I highly recommend the show :emoji_thumbsup:

A

Anthony_Gomez

I have had the BMB DVD for a long time now, and I am very glad to see others joining the fan club:D
When I went to see them in vegas (before they ever appeared in intel), my premium seats (like 5th row) only cost $70!
$90 now?...I'll still go see it again! Did anyone notice the subwoofer that they used at the show. It is that huge hanging thing right above the seats in the ceter. They probably had more hidden elsewhere, but I swear that they had 4 sets of dual 18"ers in that rig!
Anybody has as much fun as I did with the giant toilet paper at the end? That part was a blast!

SkiingNinja

Second Unit
Real Name
Sean Ries
If you've never been to the show, please don't read the spoiler text, it'll blow it for you!
Yeah, that was hilarious. Just when you think it was over, even more came down. There wasn't a single person in the place not laughing their ass off :)

s

Shawn C

Screenwriter
I could not believe the amount of BASS they managed to produce during that live show!

It's also fun to see the drummers just smashing the hell out of their drums. It's an awesome show and I'm glad I was able to see it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks