Blue Man Group- DVD-A or CD?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dustin B, Mar 10, 2002.

1. Dustin B

Dustin B Producer

I don't have a DVD-A player yet and I don't know when I will get one. So should I go for the high quality stereo recording or get the DVD and use the DD 5.1 side?

2. Michael_T

Michael_T Second Unit

I have the Blue Man Group DVD-A, and I also have a DVD-Audio player, and I must say that this music WAS MADE for surround sound.

My personal opinion would be for you to get the DVD-Audio disc and listen to either the DD or DTS 5.1 surround track. Be forwarned, though, this disc, even in DD or DTS, will give your surround sound set-up a real workout. If your surround speakers are not up to par, then I would probably consider the stereo only version.

3. Dustin B

Dustin B Producer

That was the way I was leaning, good to see someone aggreeing with me.
    Hehe, my mains and surrounds are identical and my center is a little more capable then them all. My sub is also a little overkill (check my webpage to see what I mean [​IMG]) So with the sub handling 80hz and down with ease I think my little monitors should survive. At least until I get the chance to build the rest of my speakers [​IMG]

4. Paul D G

Paul D G Screenwriter

I agree with the DVD option. Apart from a much better listening experience, there are two bonus tracks (one is a remix which appears over the credits), and some minor video footage as well.

-paul

5. Paul E. Fox II

Paul E. Fox II Second Unit

Dude,
    Go for the DVD-Audio release and listen to the DTS version. Like you, I don't have the capability to play DVD-Audio yet, but this thing rocks the house in DTS (and probably Dolby Digital too, but I've yet to listen to that track).
    As for the Multi-Channel versus 2-Channel debate...I'm a firm believer in 2-Channel music but this stuff was MADE for Multi-Channel!
    You won't regret it!

6. Dustin B

Dustin B Producer

Jeez I'm a push over. I just ordered the disc along with Tataku: Kodo Best of Vol 2.

Why do the stores never have what I want in stock :p)

7. Dustin B

Dustin B Producer

Finally got the Blue Man group disc. The Kodo still isn't in.

Wow, that disc is one serious work out for a sub. Not to mention it's different and fun to listen to. Disc is definately worth picking up.