What's new

Blue Man Group- DVD-A or CD? (1 Viewer)

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
I don't have a DVD-A player yet and I don't know when I will get one. So should I go for the high quality stereo recording or get the DVD and use the DD 5.1 side?

Michael_T

Second Unit
I have the Blue Man Group DVD-A, and I also have a DVD-Audio player, and I must say that this music WAS MADE for surround sound.

My personal opinion would be for you to get the DVD-Audio disc and listen to either the DD or DTS 5.1 surround track. Be forwarned, though, this disc, even in DD or DTS, will give your surround sound set-up a real workout. If your surround speakers are not up to par, then I would probably consider the stereo only version.

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
That was the way I was leaning, good to see someone aggreeing with me.
Hehe, my mains and surrounds are identical and my center is a little more capable then them all. My sub is also a little overkill (check my webpage to see what I mean :D) So with the sub handling 80hz and down with ease I think my little monitors should survive. At least until I get the chance to build the rest of my speakers :)

Paul D G

Screenwriter
I agree with the DVD option. Apart from a much better listening experience, there are two bonus tracks (one is a remix which appears over the credits), and some minor video footage as well.

-paul

Paul E. Fox II

Second Unit
Dude,
Go for the DVD-Audio release and listen to the DTS version. Like you, I don't have the capability to play DVD-Audio yet, but this thing rocks the house in DTS (and probably Dolby Digital too, but I've yet to listen to that track).
As for the Multi-Channel versus 2-Channel debate...I'm a firm believer in 2-Channel music but this stuff was MADE for Multi-Channel!
You won't regret it!

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
Jeez I'm a push over. I just ordered the disc along with Tataku: Kodo Best of Vol 2.

Why do the stores never have what I want in stock :p)

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
Finally got the Blue Man group disc. The Kodo still isn't in.

Wow, that disc is one serious work out for a sub. Not to mention it's different and fun to listen to. Disc is definately worth picking up.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks