Blue man group audio reveiws?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Wes, Dec 27, 2001.

1. Wes

Wes Screenwriter

Wes Peterson
    Sense this DVD Audio disc has DD 5.1, DTS 5.1 and DVD audio is there anyone that would care to review and compare the three different tracks on the disc for me. I am thinking about buying it!

Wes

2. Shawn C

Shawn C Screenwriter

Buy it, buy it, buy it! This is an AWESOME DVD! I have listened to the DD and the DTS version and they are both great, with maybe the lower frequencies on the DD side being a little more pronounced. They really pound the surrounds and the center channel on this DVD. They don't go easy on them at all. I can't play DVD-Audio, so I wouldn't know about it. This is one DVD that will show what your subs are made of.

There is no 'video' playing while the audio portion is playing. They only show still on-stage images while the music is playing, but the images are from the time on stage when the track would have been playing.

There is an interesting 'making-of' featurette with the founders of the Blue Man kidding around about how they 'found' the Blue Man.

3. Paul D G

Paul D G Screenwriter

4. Damien Montanile

Damien Montanile Stunt Coordinator

HOLY S

when I popped this in and turned it up, it definitly gave the sub a workout during certain songs, I absolutely loved it. I have only listened to the DTS track, and it practically rattles the pictures off the walls. If you are a fan of BMG, I definitly think picking this up is a definite.

-Damien

5. Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey Cinematographer

Well, these reviews are good to read.
    David Lambert sent me the DTS demo disc because we can't get it up here in Canada and I listened to it the other night. I was blown away by the disc and I hopped on DVDPlanet's website and ordered a few audio DVDs (one of them being the BMG-Audio).
    It's too bad the audio discs seem so hard to come by in stores because I hate waiting for stuff in the mail, and ordering from the US costs me a bundle [​IMG]
    Gord

6. Oscar W

Oscar W Stunt Coordinator

It's a buy. Though I can't compare the formats for you as I have only listened to the DTS and DVD-A tracks. I choose DTS over DD and only tried DVD-A out of curiosity, as it is the only disk I have with DVD-A. Between DTS and DVD-A I couldn't tell a difference. But then again I wasn't really listening for many differences.
    See the Blue Man dvd audio ROCKS!! thread also.