What's new

Blue Man Group: AUDIO-- My DVD-Audio is missing all DVD-Audio files!! (1 Viewer)

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
I just picked up Blue Man Group's Audio in DVD-Audio format and discovered to my dismay that it didn't register as a DVD-Audio disc and I could only play it in DTS or DD 5.1.

I opened the _ts folders on my computer and the Audio_ts folder (which is read by DVD-Audio players and ignored by DVD-Video players) is completely empty.

Was there a bad batch of these discs floating around, or did they, at the last minute, dump the high rez. DVD-Audio portion?

Confused and irked!!

Please help.

Dan

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
...or it could be that the labels on this two sided disc were mistakenly flipped!!

Yes, the DVD-Audio side was labeled the DVD-Video side, and vice versa.

Ugh! Anyway, thanks for bearing with me. :D

Dan

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
I'll have to double check mine...its been a while since I played it.

I will say that 2 sided discs can be a PITA to correctly identify, particularly for those with less than perfect eye sight.

I do, however, like the way Classic Records did their HDAD of Alan Parsons I Robot....

One side says THIS SIDE UP FOR DVD-A, the other says THIS SIDE UP FOR DVD-V...different colors too, and the booklet even explains which way to place the disc in the tray.

You can't get it wrong even if you try.

BGL

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks