What's new

Blue lines across screen? (1 Viewer)

Shane L.

Auditioning
This pertains to the Moulin Rouge DVD. I don't know if this is nessesarily a "glitch", but something that caught my eye in the film. There's two blue lines visible on the bottom of the frame at Chapter 4, 0:01:50 (right through the elephants trunk). Is this a print error or was it intended to look that way? I'd like to know, thanks.

Shane L.

Auditioning
Hmmm, interesting. Thirty-eight people have viewed this post and not one response. Is it really asking that much to take a couple minutes to insert your Moulin Rouge disk into your DVD player, fast forward to Chapter 4, 0:01:50, and look to see if there's any blue lines across the bottom ?

Apparently so...

Damien Montanile

Stunt Coordinator
Shane,
Please dont take what Im about to say the wrong way.
Your Topic was "Blue line across the screen". There was nothing in reference to Moulin Rouge in your Subject line, so this probably triggered a lot of people with a curious nature to read the post that dont have the DVD (I dont own it and I viewed the post for example). Would you really want me posting something that says...sorry dont own it?
You could probably deduce that other people are not having this problem, or at least the vast majority of owners of MR are not experiencing this problem. Since some issues are only with certain DVD players it is always useful to list the DVD player (and firmware version if applicable) that you are having the problem on.
I can't speak for you obviously but you cant expect people to just stop relaxing and reading in front of the computer and go into their library and pull out the disk (for that percentage that wasnt sure if it was there or not). Im sure they'll check it when it is convenient. Hell my Computer is in my home theater room and I know if I'm reading new posts Im not going to get up and check right there and then.
One last thing to take into consideration. Sometimes people just dont reply to posts. Cant take it personally. Look up some of my threads..No replies and 100+ views. I dont hate everyone for it...Except for Jeff Kleist (j/k Jeff! ;) ) Its just circumstancial. Sometimes I'll find the answer right after I post by retrying a search and realize that the question has already been addressed to death (though I dont remember seeing one about a blue line on MR in this case).
Anyway, just some things to keep in mind around here. Good luck on your search. Did you try exchanging the DVD and seeing if it still pops up? could it be artistic License and delibrately part of the film (ala the Flames and fire of the opening Normandy invasion in SPR). I dont know I've never seen MR (yet).
Good luck on your search
-Damien

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks