What's new

Blue line to left of objects on screen (1 Viewer)

Stephen_Ri

Stunt Coordinator
Hi,
I just exchanged my Akai cft2791 for a new one(it had a ghosing problem), and on this one there is a blue line to the left edge of objects and characters on screen. It's about 2 mm and bright blue(brighness changes with contrast, brightness, and color controlls, but it's still there). The funny thing is, this only happens with component, not s-video; I've checked the cables and it shouldn't be the DVD player, since it did not do this on the other TV. I'd suspect this is a convergence problem, but I'm certainly no expert; any ideas?

Are these problems normal for a flat screen or am I just unlucky? Is there any better video option for $400? This one flickers in dark scenes even when there is no input and on any outlet. The ghosting is almost as bad as the previous one. On the top of the screen there is a slight static going from left to right. I hate to exchange a second time but I see these problems as unnessisary. Any info, suggestions or advice welcome.

Thanks,
Stephen

Stephen_Ri

Stunt Coordinator
I tried the switching around the cables like you said, with no difference. Thanks though.

Stephen

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks