What's new

Blue Jeans lays a smackdown on Monster Cable (1 Viewer)

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
This statement leads me to believe thatMr. Denke must not have shareholders or other (or at least many) purse-string holders calling the shots in his company. Most shareholders, insurance companies, investors, etc. would insist on taking out a license on uninfringed intellectual property if it meant saving even a dollar over fighting the good fight in court.

I consider that unfortunate, and I'm quite glad that Mr. Denke has the freedom and wherewithal to stand up to the litigious bullying that such investor-owner-shareholder fear and acquiescence has fostered.

So where can I buy some of this guy's cables? :)

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Okay, now THAT I knew, hence the smiley. :) Thanks for looking out for me, though. You guys are the greatest. (Seriously.)

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
You misunderstood my question. Where does the title in the linked article come from? On what basis does the interviewer know Monster Cable is "shut up"?

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
After reading the letter, I think Monster Cable is an even bigger scumbag company than I originally thought. Their crap is made in China, using labour so low in cost that it is only one step above slave labour, and they still have the gall to charge 80 dollars or more for a set of cables. Now they go after a competitor in some Bullshit extortion attempt. What is worse is they go after a company that at least still employs Americans to manufacture their cables. I wouldn't cross the street to piss on Monster Cable's headquarters if it was on fire and I sure as hell will never purchase another set of cables from them either.

drobbins

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
Last year I built a new house including a new theater. I figured that I would support one of the HTF sponsors. I had Blue Jean cable make up 25' length cables of s-video, component, & HDMI to run from my equipment up front to my projector in back. Very nice top quality cables :emoji_thumbsup:

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
I first tried Blue Jeans Cables in 06 when I needed an HDMI cable. I've delt with them several times since, including one return that was processed quickly and efficently. The cables have all been very high quality, and the prices and service both excellant. All this just re-enforces my already very high opinion of them.

Colin Davidson

Second Unit
I also want to purchase from them because they are a forum sponsor, and have a great reputation for high quality cables, however they seem to be extremely slow in restocking cables. I want to place an order that includes 3 - 3ft HDMI cables which they are out of stock. I emailed them to get an ETA for them to be back in and was told the middle of next month. Trying to decide whether to wait or go somewhere else.

Colin

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Like I posted earlier, I'll never buy another cable from the bastards, and I used to buy quite a few. However, a person cannot help but sense some irony when one follows the boycott video link on the site.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks