"Blue Car" get distributer

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Seth Paxton, Jan 14, 2002.

1. Seth Paxton

Seth Paxton Lead Actor

Blue Car just played at Sundance and it paid off it seems. Miramax picked up the rights on it.

I heard one reviewer recommending it so I will be looking forward to it's release to check it out.

If any of you catch it at one of these festivals, let us know what you think.

2. Mark Pfeiffer

Mark Pfeiffer Screenwriter

I know nothing about the film, but the Miramax rep sent out an e-mail that it was filmed in Dayton, OH last summer. Any locals have the skinny on this film?

3. MathewM

MathewM Stunt Coordinator

I have a friend out in LA who worked as the sound guy on Blue Car for a few days. He said he was impressed from what he saw. It co-stars Frances Fisher (of Titanic and Clint Eastwood fame) with whom he had the priviledge of meeting. He also was impressed by the female lead though he did not have a chance to speak with her. Sorry I don't have any more info, just thought I'd chime in about it.

4. Seth Paxton

Seth Paxton Lead Actor

Along this same line, Miramax has also just grabbed up Tadpole which is apparently doing well with audiences at Sundance.
    2 films to file away for this summer or fall. Just think In the Bedroom or Memento. You never can tell, but this is a smart thing for a distributor. Let someone else risk it, watch for audience reactions, then sweep in to pick up the best films.
    And from the other side it does mean that these indy films get a shot to impress someone, and that's all you can ask for really.