What's new

Blu Universal Monsters (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Bob, that is just too COOL. I had no idea that Boris had reprised Franky for The Secret Life of Walter Mitty. I've never seen that film.

I watched it a first time and a second and a third. I noticed that the big scar on the right side of Frank's forehead was maintained through all the films. It took a third or was it fourth viewing for me to realize his clothing was changing. I had been so focused on Frank's face that I had missed the wardrobe changes.

Thanks you very much for posting that.

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
Bob, that is just too COOL. I had no idea that Boris had reprised Franky for The Secret Life of Walter Mitty. I've never seen that film.
It was intended for a dream sequence before Karloff shows up at the office. If you notice, Kaye is frightened when he first sees Karloff and that dream sequence set up the gag. Sadly, it was either cut or never filmed.

Here's Jack Pierce applying the make-up with director Norman Z. McLeod.

Mitty (2).jpg

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
You would think that if they went to the trouble to do the full makeup, that they would film the sequence. I think that would be rather insulting to Boris for them not to film the sequence. If so, maybe it's sitting in a can somewhere.

BTW, if I remember the making of doc correctly for Creature from the Black Lagoon, Jack Pierce was quite a publicity hog. Pierce kept the the woman who really did the design for the creature from getting much credit for it and (if I remember correctly) she didn't get any further work from Universal. Pierce was a real piece of work to put it kindly.

Actually I think I'm remembering the commentary on Creature by Tom Weaver more than I am the making of doc.

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
Pierce was dumped by Universal-International in 1947.
You're thinking of Bud Westmore.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Bob Furmanek said:
Pierce was dumped by Universal-International in 1947.You're thinking of Bud Westmore.
Oops! Thank you for the correction.Is that Cecil, the Seasick Sea Serpent, in your avatar?

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks