What's new

Blu-rays with multiple versions (1 Viewer)

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
Bruce is correct about Paramount's "Complete Dossier" release of Apocalypse Now on DVD. It is a two-disc set, but disc one contains the first half of the film, and disc two, the second half. Branching is used to include both the original and "Redux" versions.

troy evans

Screenwriter
Carl and Bruce are correct. The Redux release of AN has both cuts of the film spread over the 2 discs with branching.

Camper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David Dennis
Wow I read over a dozen reviews of the 'Complete Dossier' version beofre one reviewer mentioned seamless branching !!!

Talk about incompentance. How could reviewer after reviewer not bother to mention it?

I finally found one where the guy talks about how seamless branching is well-suited to a release like this..

What's funny is that several reviewers state that Redux has better colors than the original. What? If they are using branching that means many of the scenes are common to both. So how can there be a difference? Unless they are refeering to the scenes only part of Redux---which they didn't say.

Added to list as a possible future Blu-ray

Camper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David Dennis
I've added a few new ones including the Star Trek original series season 1 WITH BRANCHING

way to go Paramount !!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks