1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

International Blu Rays THE LAST SUNSET and RIO CONCHOS from France

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Ken Koc, Feb 15, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Ken Koc

Ken Koc Screenwriter

Ken Koc
    In Paris yesterday, I bought new blu rays of THE LAST SUNSET( Kirk Douglas and Rock Hudson) and RIO CONCHOS.
    Both look and sound superb with new transfers. It says region B but they both play fine on my region A player. Both have removable French subtitles.

Robin9, Billy Batson and lark144 like this.
  2. titch

titch Supporting Actor

Kevin Oppegaard
    Apologies - not to derail this thread, but while we've got Ken in Paris: any chance you've purchased Pathés 2018 restored Cyrano de Bergerac (with Gerard Depardieu)? I have the previous French blu from 2011 but I see now the BFI is releasing a region 'B' version in the UK. There's no information on the BFI website as to whether this is a restored version, or not.

3. Billy Batson

Billy Batson Producer

Alan
    Hello Ken, very happy to hear that, I thought that Sidonis always had unremovable subs, I'll be buying this. I love this western & have the Blu-ray in the very cheap US Timeless Westerns set, but the transfer is all over the place, sometimes looking good, but mostly pretty poor. Is this the one you're talking about?

https://www.amazon.fr/Conchos-Combo-Blu-Ray-DVD-Richard-Boone/dp/B081KN6WKL/ref=sr_1_1?__mk_fr_FR=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&crid=FBV3QFZOSCLA&keywords=rio+conchos+blu+ray&qid=1581843266&s=dvd&sprefix=rio+conchos,aps,168&sr=1-1

Thanks, Alan.

4. Ken Koc

Ken Koc Screenwriter

Ken Koc
    Yes that is the one and after the credits , it looks and sounds great! El-Perdido-Combo-Blu-ray-DVD. I live in New York but I am in once or twice a month. The THE LAST SUNSET Directed by Robert Aldrich and screenplay by Dalton Trumbo

5. Ken Koc

Ken Koc Screenwriter

Ken Koc
    Unfortunately it is in French without English subtitles, but it is restored.

titch likes this.