What's new

Blu-Ray X3 Press Release (1 Viewer)

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
Would only be 5GB less than the HD-DVD version, and AVC (MPEG4) is supposed to be slightly more efficient than VC-1. And there aren't THAT many extras are there? It's the same as the DVD right? And there's an inevitable double-dip based on the content of that release.

I wouldn't "bleac" (perhaps blech?) about MPEG4/AVC. I've only read good things about Blu-Ray's AVC titles so far.

Perhaps someone's confusing MPEG4 with MPEG 2? Not that there haven't been a good releases with the older codec too.
Obviously, if it was MPEG2 it would be 50 GB, but there's probably no need here.

If AVC can perform just as well as VC1, I don't know why everyone is so eager to further line Microsoft's pockets.

MarekM

Supporting Actor
I know that FOX can do amazin DVD's, and I hope for same with Blu-ray.

If they can make a perfect release with loosless audio and with HD extras on single layer.... one can imagine what they can do on BD50 with kingdom of heaven....

Marek

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
since Fox expects to move a lot of these in the next month or so, I think it makes sense they went with Bd25s- something they can replicate quickly and reliably if there is an expected huge demand.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks