What's new

Blu-Ray player and PS3 (1 Viewer)

Gordy555

Auditioning
Real Name
Jeff
Ok pretty simple, I have a 250 GB PS3 i use it for Blu-Ray and Gaming, Would i benefit picure quality wise by buying a seperate Blu-Ray player or is PS3 on par with the Blu-Ray players that are out now.

Also where is a place to get good deals on HDMI cables, dont want to pay 60 bucks a cable.

Thanks in advance for any advice given.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
A PS3 is supposed to be a great BluRay player. In fact, at first it was the standard that other were judged by. Here's a great place to buy in-expensive, but good quality cables and wires MonoPrice.com. And here's another that's a step above them but a bit more expensive. BlueJeansCables.com.

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
I have a PS3 (80G model about 16 mos. old or so) in the secondary basement system, a Samsung 2550 in the secondary bedroom system and a modded Oppo (on its way back) in the main system. The PS3 is fine for Blu-Ray. With video players, much depends on the resolution you watch in, the size and quality of the display and how far away you sit. There could be subtle differences I'd notice on my main system 1080p projector where I sit about 14 feet away from a 100 inch screen. I've not tried it. I suspect you would find bigger differences on upsampling std. def. DVDs with a good separate Blu-Ray player.

Vagabond

Agent
Real Name
Eric
This is the same question I have come up with. PS3 slim vs. other BD Player. I am just ready to buy a BD player and thought if he PS3 slim was just as good as other why not get it and a game station to boot. I did a google on blue ray player reviews and well sort of disappointed in the returns. Does anyone have a good link on this? Here are the units I am considering:

LG - BD370
Oppo - BDP-83
Sony - PS3 slim
- BDP-S560
Samsung - BD-P3600

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks